Ok HID question and problem?

09busa

Registered
Hello everyone,

Well I finally broke down and installed HID's in the Busa. Finally got to ride the Busa home from work tonight. I can not see S%&@. Is it possible I got the low beam bulb in upside down? There is plenty of light but it is only showing right in front of the bike. While riding I can not see since the light is not out far enough.

Also the high beams work.......kinda. A couple times I turned them on and they just seem to not kick on. So off for a bit then they are on in force. I guess I will be taking the front apart again to see about flipping the low beam over and make sure all is connected good for the high beam.

But it sure looks nice. Now if I can get them to work as good as they look.:banghead:

Take pics so we can help .

What kind of kit did you get ?
How did you install it ?
How are connections made ?

Ok the pics will be in a day or two when I take it all apart again. But I looked at the low beam bulb and the outer wire on the bulb is on the top. Is that correct or should it be on the bottom?

As for the install it is done just like the directions I got off here. The low beams work just great except for the light not really going out far in front of the bike like the regular bulb did.

The setup is from Xenon Wholesale and is an 8k Xentec kit with slim ballast.

sounds like you need to adjust the beam path. The procedure is in the owners manual or you can do a search here.

Turn the bulb over so the wire is on the bottom, I dont think it really matters, but that is what is recommended. Next, readjust your low beam, the factory angle is too low anyway. Also make sure the HID bulb fits flush in the refractor housing. If it sit in there at an angle, the refractor will scatter the beam. Hope that makes sense.

Yes wire is on BOTTOM of mine .
Also I remember mine not working properly also .
They hibeam plug can go in either way .
If you flip it around and plug it in it may help to make it more reliable ?

I left mine alone and have not adjusted them one bit so I would think if yours is same something else is the problem ?

I guess I will tear her apart again and see if I can flip the low beam over and get it to seat flush in the housing and see if that solves the problem.

Keep us posted, my DDM HID kit will be here on Tuesday and I will be going off of several posts from here for advice. I love learning from the mistakes of others as it usually makes my tasks much easier to accomplish.

Well I got the bulb turned over and it seems to be better in the garage. Pouring down rain right now so I hope in the next day or two the rain will stop and I can get outside and make sure things are better. Also for now I left the HID high beam in to see if it is a pain and go back to factory bulb or just leave it.

I will let you all know once I can get it outside to test ride.

Keep us posted, my DDM HID kit will be here on Tuesday and I will be going off of several posts from here for advice. I love learning from the mistakes of others as it usually makes my tasks much easier to accomplish.

That is why I try to document all I do from now on .
Make it easier for others to follow my path.

09busa you will be able to get them working don't worry .
Nothing looks better than both on same time .

Well I just went out since it is dark and not raining. All is good now. I can see more then 3 feet in front of the bike. It seems to be good now.:cheerleader: Thanks for all the help.:bowdown:

Back