Ok, here's my impression on Silkolene

Thanks Chris, and I assume the viscosity that you bought is what I should be looking at?

I know the manual would probably tell me, but since I'm here checking your post, might as well just ask and save me the digging.

Thanks Chris, and I assume the viscosity that you bought is what I should be looking at?

I know the manual would probably tell me, but since I'm here checking your post, might as well just ask and save me the digging.
Suzuki's oil viscosity recommendation for the Hayabusa is 10w-40 with an SF or SG API classification.
wink.gif

interesting reading here.... so I have just over 9k on the busa and its time to change her oil. I read already that folks dont seem to think that its too late to switch over.... my problem is that I think my bike does enjoy digesting some of the oil over time.... I took it to the dealer and said, its burning oil, they said nope just was running too rich.

is a stock suzuki filter ok to use with synth. oils? should I get a different one/better one? I think I still have enough oil/filters to do one or two more changes, but have thought about going synthetic for a bit.

thoughts? feedback? suggestions?
cool.gif

So where does one look to find this fine product BT!
rock.gif

I've been waiting for this review.
biggrin.gif
I got mine locally "in-store" at 1888fastlap.com Website is Gone almost $1 cheaper per litre than Ron Ayers had it for. Good folks to deal with and their prices are always competitive, if not a bit better than others.

Some bike dealers also carry it, but in limited viscosities and sometimes in limited amounts. One dealer I went to lookin' for it only stocks 1 litre... WTF?
mad.gif
Fast Lap (aka Marietta Motorsports) stocks PLENTY of it. I'd assume Ron Ayers does, too.
rock.gif
they do not list it on the 1888 site!

rock.gif

interesting reading here.... so I have just over 9k on the busa and its time to change her oil. I read already that folks dont seem to think that its too late to switch over.... my problem is that I think my bike does enjoy digesting some of the oil over time.... I took it to the dealer and said, its burning oil, they said nope just was running too rich.

is a stock suzuki filter ok to use with synth. oils? should I get a different one/better one? I think I still have enough oil/filters to do one or two more changes, but have thought about going synthetic for a bit.

thoughts? feedback? suggestions?
cool.gif
I remember reading some kind of oil filter test where they cut apart a bunch of different brand filters. If I remember correctly the zuk filter came out on top. And yes, it's fine to use with synthetic oil.
wink.gif

So where does one look to find this fine product BT!
rock.gif

I've been waiting for this review.
biggrin.gif
I got mine locally "in-store" at 1888fastlap.com Website is Gone almost $1 cheaper per litre than Ron Ayers had it for. Good folks to deal with and their prices are always competitive, if not a bit better than others.

Some bike dealers also carry it, but in limited viscosities and sometimes in limited amounts. One dealer I went to lookin' for it only stocks 1 litre... WTF?
mad.gif
Fast Lap (aka Marietta Motorsports) stocks PLENTY of it. I'd assume Ron Ayers does, too.
rock.gif
they do not list it on the 1888 site!
Trust me, they have it. Call them.
wink.gif
1-888-fas-tlap

rock.gif

Back