Ok, got a real ticket today...lmao

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Well a few days ago, My license plate and mount was lost while riding....well today I got pulled over for having my new plate mounted verticle on my swingarm.

It got a little silly after a very long stop...around an hour...but 30 minutes was due to his lecture on how Verticle mounted license plates have caused us Bullet Bike Boys to crash & he's setting a "0 tolerance" for the year.

I needed to vent a little...so there I vented...I feel a little better...sigh.

Well a few days ago, My license plate and mount was lost while riding....well today I got pulled over for having my new plate mounted vertical on my swingarm.

It got a little silly after a very long stop...around an hour...but 30 minutes was due to his lecture on how Vertical mounted license plates have caused us Bullet Bike Boys to crash & he's setting a "0 tolerance" for the year.

I needed to vent a little...so there I vented...I feel a little better...sigh.
Did you know that it was illegal to mount it that way in your state
rock.gif

how does a verticle mount license plate cause you to crash?

how does a verticle mount license plate cause you to crash?
It cuts down on the air flow to the muffler bearing causing the blinker fluid to boil over and leak all over the TRE there by causing a loss of power and then being rear-ended by a drunk socer mom in a mini-van.
face7.gif

Sounds like the cop was a real a$$.

If he pulls you over, give you the ticket, and on your way you go. Lectures should be illeagal and a ticketable offense.

Very few facts were stated, because Monday a compalint to the POST board will be filed (and maybe he will than make one aginst my POST License...I see this getting ugly), and Charges are being filed for destruction to property and unlawful detainment. Thanks all, no further comment on this issue.

Very few facts were stated, because Monday a compalint to the POST board will be filed (and maybe he will than make one aginst my POST License...I see this getting ugly), and Charges are being filed for destruction to property and unlawful detainment. Thanks all, no further comment on this issue.
rock.gif

should have asked him if had set a zero tollerance for wasting your f uck ing time

shove the vertical plate horizontally into his ass and be on your way... some pigs are just pigs....

-WHEELMAN

rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? Hate to hear that hope all goes well.

rock.gif

Why are you filing a complaint with the board and not through his chain of command?

Anyway, any audio and/or video feed?

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144616201 -->

Why are you filing a complaint with the board and not through his chain of command?

Anyway, any audio and/or video feed?
I figgured worse case scenario I would have to go that route. had a meeting with the Officers Commanding Sgt. today, and video/ audio is being pulled from said incident.

Being ticketed for something I was not in violation of is one thing, however sustaining damage to personal property due to this stop is another issue. I Will be getting a quote from the dealer on new ignition sometime this week.

MN statute

<span style='color:crimson'>169.79 Vehicle registration; displaying license plates.

Subd. 7. Plate fastened and visible. All plates must
be securely fastened so as to prevent them from swinging. The
person driving the motor vehicle shall keep the plate legible
and unobstructed and free from grease, dust, or other blurring
material so that the lettering is plainly visible at all times.
It is unlawful to cover any assigned letters and numbers or the
name of the state of origin of a license plate with any material
whatever, including any clear or colorless material that affects
the plate's visibility or reflectivity.</span>

Sounds like U got the facts down Valium . Now go crucify the bastids ! Mines vertical also , but no problems yet . Keep us updated and the best a luck to ya !!

Dang...just last weekend I'm following Ride_Or_Fish and John back from Sebring...keep'in about 100 yards distance between bikes since we were cruising out in no mans land at about a buck to 110...pulled my head up from full tuck when I catch a twinkling of red and blue in my mirrors...a green sheriffs pick-up truck...and as I'm deciding what to do?..I also notice that the truck keeps falling back like it's giving up but then starts catching up again...and then the same...over and over several times...and that's when I figured his truck was probably hitting some sort of speed limiting device and that he was probably running video and could extract my plate # anyways so?..it was pull over time...so I carefully signalled and pulled over...and....ZooooOOOOMMM!...he goes flying right by me..so I roll on up and see he's got Ride_Or_Fish and John pulled about 2 miles up..and as I roll'in up he gets out and looks back at me roll'in up so I put my signal on to let'im know I wasn't runn'in..ROF and John were parked in front of his truck...and talking with him as I took off my helmet gloves and sunglases..(didn't wanna look like a wiseazz walk'in up to him)...and as I approach?..the kind Deputy looks at me and asks..

"How We Do'in Today?"
biggrin.gif

I sheepishly answered: "Fine...I hope."

Him: "Oh your all okay...Jus go'in a little fast is all....ya'll be safe on those things and have a nice weekend...okay?"

I shook his hand and thanked him.

Then came home and changed my bvd's.
blush.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144620209 -->

uhhhh....what if ya dont wear bvd's what do you change then?

Back