Ok friends are sending me this . Busa loosing to a Jeep.

Odin

Registered
Hayabusa losing to a jeep in the quarter mile. This guy was running in the 13's , now has my friends teasing me that I should get a jeep.

I was thinking the same thing. Girl, Guy??? Whichever... While they're learning to ride they should be on a Strict Diet!

Oh, I'm not doubting that a TrackHawk can run a 12 sec 1/4, but I am absolutely, 100% sure it ain't trapping 179. And even if someone modified one to run that speed, you'd have to launch, stop, wait and then go again to have that board make any sense at all.

I'll weigh in here as this is Pacific Raceways (track where this was filmed), my "home" track. I've raced here for the last 10 years on and off, winning several championships on several different bikes. That said, the rider, whose name I will not disclose appears in this video to be quite the novice. While many riders here on the org are much faster, I hesitate to so quickly judge newcomers. Yes, I agree that some simple coaching could vastly improve the ET's and other aspects of the racing performance. However, I'd hate to run off someone with the desire to learn because the rest of us looked upon the initial performance as lacking.

Hayabusa losing to a jeep in the quarter mile. This guy was running in the 13's , now has my friends teasing me that I should get a jeep.
That Busa ran 13 seconds ..... geeeez , not anywhere near a good example of drag racer on Busa ... someone show that boy how to apply the throttle will ya !! I got told last week about a Eastern State fella rides to the drags on a lowered stock engine Gen 2 streetbike , runs 8 seconds and rides home !! I am going to try to find this bloke . This is what I want , a streetbike that can launch my fat ass to track , race , and back home again , no trailer !!

Guys calm down. This dude my be pulling the same trick I do. In bracket racing it's all dial in time and closest to the dial in wins. So you put down a slow dial in that's close to the vehicle your racing. So pretty much all you have to do is pace the car and nose them out. I do that at a local track to get as many runs in as possible. It sure pisses peeps off when do it.

I'll weigh in here as this is Pacific Raceways (track where this was filmed), my "home" track. I've raced here for the last 10 years on and off, winning several championships on several different bikes. That said, the rider, whose name I will not disclose appears in this video to be quite the novice. While many riders here on the org are much faster, I hesitate to so quickly judge newcomers. Yes, I agree that some simple coaching could vastly improve the ET's and other aspects of the racing performance. However, I'd hate to run off someone with the desire to learn because the rest of us looked upon the initial performance as lacking.
I wasn't knocking the rider, he looks inexperienced, but we all gotta start somewhere. First time I ever went down a drag strip, the light went green and I let the clutch out and stalled the bike. No matter how much better I have gotten, I know there are people that will make me look like a rookie all over again....
I was more concerned with the weird board in the right lane. Something is wrong there.

I wasn't knocking the rider, he looks inexperienced, but we all gotta start somewhere. First time I ever went down a drag strip, the light went green and I let the clutch out and stalled the bike. No matter how much better I have gotten, I know there are people that will make me look like a rookie all over again....
I was more concerned with the weird board in the right lane. Something is wrong there.

Ha! I did the same thing! Very first time I ever took my Busa down the strip, I stalled it! Wound up doing a 16 second quarter mile!

Back