OK finally got to a 1320

1BDAZM

Registered
Ok so I finally got my bike on a quarter mile stretch. Must say it is far better than the 660. My bike has a sidewinder, pc3, lowered and strapped, 10 inch stretch, air box mod, No air filter, air shifter, clutch mod. I am weighing in about 225 with leathers I would say. Trying to guage what times I should be running. I dont seem able to launch to hard as I am then spinning Running at Temple Academy Dragway... not much track prep if any at best and like 95 degrees

Best to date is below

reaction .4160
60 1.5480
330 4.0906
1/8 6.2537 @ 112.78
1/4 9.6972
1/4 140.36

Currently a shinko 003U 200 thats pretty much bald. Just ordered a 190 003U to see if that will help some.

What gears you running? If you're spinning pull the arm in some. Stock motor you don't need that much arm....

8 psi is killing your mph. My bike is 6 over, 27 psi in a 190 003 u-soft. Pretty much same set up as you, sidewinder, pc3, shifter, no filter, 2-step. I have had the head cleaned up and I have slightly higher compression. 16/43 gearing, I'm just under 300 in my leathers.
1.5x
6.2x
118-120 mph
If you wanna get serious about drag racing you're gonna need more motor or less arm. Not knocking you, just letting you know.

Last edited:
How is shorting the bike gonna help my times? More traction? Getting a 003u 190 this week. Was same tire but a 200. Just looking to find out what people think the best the bike should go before I start spraying it. Motor is stock never been opened.

If the bike is too long the weight doesn't transfer to the tire when you launch causing you to spin. Then you have to lower your tire pressure to gain traction, which increases friction and therefore drag, causing your bike to accelerate slower. Look at the difference in our tire psi and 1/8 mile mph, mine is a lot higher than yours. You want as much psi as the track will hold. 190 will help also, it's lighter than the 200. Figure every 10 lbs you lose is equivalent to gaining 1 hp. May not sound like much but it adds up.

Back