OK...Bullets nagging works I guess, SO!!!

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK Let me lay out my Qualifications first.

1. Riding since I was a little kid. (Grand dad owned a Motorcyle dealership.)
2. 12 years riding on the street.
3. Pretty decent rider, though I tend to hold back/Hold on a little to tight. Need track time real bad...
4.  Not a mechanic by any means, But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

OK OK, A few days ago I changed Lilah's oil for the first time (Myself I mean)  I had read a lot about different oils and decided on Silkolene Pro 4 Synthetic 10W40 wt.  The decision to go synthetic is in my opinion a no brainer.  According to every test I have seen, everything I have ever read Synthetic Oil out performs mineral oil in every way.  Accept cost.
 OK So I buy 4 Litres Silkolene Pro 4 @ $11 each, a Suzuki Filter, and a Filter Socket/tool thingi.  Oh Make damn sure you get the Busa/Suzuki specific Filter socket,  The one I got worked but with issues. Blah Blah Blah
 So, oil change went smoothly, and I went for a long ride on Friday afternoon.  All I can say (and This is Scientific) is HOLY HELL!!!  I just got a brand new transmission and according to my finely tuned SOTP Dyno a few extra Ponies.  First thing I noticed was less noise coming from the motor. Then As I left the house I was blown away by how smooth and "Snick Snick" the tranny felt.  No Kidding this was easily worth $44. It really has made a substantial difference to the feel of the tranny.
 Silkolene makes some pretty high claims of improved power but I was pretty skeptical, as I mentioned above I have no actual dyno handy so all you Nit picky mothers can leave now.
OK For the rest of us, I feel it has made a difference in power, not huge maybe but my butt tells me a pretty honest bump... at least the Hump slamming be in the butt seemed a bit harder than before.  
 Over all I am totally amazed with the Silkolene, it reduced valve train/Clutch noise, made a Huge improvement in tranny feel, and according to my SOTP dyno has provided a bit more oomph.  I give it two Hardy thumbs up!  :thumbsup:

Silkolene Data...

Also Check Here : Fuchs Lubricants

Your results may vary....

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068432750 -->

yeah...hey...I thought nagging was only for wives... :super: :laugh:

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068436875 -->

Well He is sorty Bitchy like a wife sometimes... And he does have the nagging down... I dunno...

Must be the mothering instinct brought out by all the training. ;)

Well He is sorty Bitchy like a wife sometimes...  And he does have the nagging down...  I dunno...  

Must be the mothering instinct brought out by all the training.  ;)
I got yer mutha instincts right here ya Tommy Hilfiger wearin' Momma's boy. You must be hittin' that pipe too hard lately, messin' with me like you have been. I'm gonna end up havin' to go off on ya RSD style. You're gettin' outta hand...

Oh yeah, Fabio says you look good in pastels... Hehehehe :laugh:

Well He is sorty Bitchy like a wife sometimes...  And he does have the nagging down...  I dunno...  

I got yer mutha instincts right here ya Tommy Hilfiger wearin' Momma's boy. You must be hittin' that pipe too hard lately, messin' with me like you have been. I'm gonna end up havin' to go off on ya RSD style. You're gettin' outta hand...

:bounce: Oh Damn, I like it when you talk tough!!!

Well Did my Oil Review help you any BT? Or are you going to have to try for yourself first?

I really do recommend a full synthetic except a couple of them had really high levels of Moly in em'. Which according to the Tests in Sport Rider could cause a little clutch slipage.

And hey, Whats Fabio doing at your place this early?:super:

:bounce:   Oh Damn, I like it when you talk tough!!!  

Well Did my Oil Review help you any BT?  Or are you going to have to try for yourself first?

I really do recommend a full synthetic except a couple of them had really high levels of Moly in em'.  Which according to the Tests in Sport Rider could cause a little clutch slipage.

And hey, Whats Fabio doing at your place this early?:super:
Your oil ramblings confirm what everyone else has said about the swap to synthetics. Just wanted to hear it from folks I sort of know, like you & cache. I don't think ya'll two would fall prey to the placebo effect. If anything ya'll would be skeptical, not really expecting anything and viewing anything that did come out of it be a pleasant surprise.

I will go to synthetic but I'm not sure how many miles I'll put on it before I do. I'm just under 700 miles right now but I have done anything except baby it. I break my toys in like I plan to use them. The only slack I cut the 'train was due entirely to my being a little intimidated by her at first. Once I got comfortable with 'er I ride her as hard as I want. I'll probably wait until I have at least 1k on her though.

As for Fab, me & him are gearin' up to ride down and whup yer ass! Go ahead and start practicing falling down cause we'll be there shortly! Hehehehehehehe... :laugh:

:bounce:   Oh Damn, I like it when you talk tough!!!  

Well Did my Oil Review help you any BT?  Or are you going to have to try for yourself first?

I really do recommend a full synthetic except a couple of them had really high levels of Moly in em'.  Which according to the Tests in Sport Rider could cause a little clutch slipage.

And hey, Whats Fabio doing at your place this early?
Your oil ramblings confirm what everyone else has said about the swap to synthetics. Just wanted to hear it from folks I sort of know, like you & cache. I don't think ya'll two would fall prey to the placebo effect. If anything ya'll would be skeptical, not really expecting anything and viewing anything that did come out of it be a pleasant surprise.

I will go to synthetic but I'm not sure how many miles I'll put on it before I do. I'm just under 700 miles right now but I have done anything except baby it. I break my toys in like I plan to use them. The only slack I cut the 'train was due entirely to my being a little intimidated by her at first. Once I got comfortable with 'er I ride her as hard as I want. I'll probably wait until I have at least 1k on her though.

As for Fab, me & him are gearin' up to ride down and whup yer ass! Go ahead and start practicing falling down cause we'll be there shortly! Hehehehehehehe... :laugh:
If Fabio is your backup bro, I think I will stand alone...
blues.gif

I'll muss his hair and watch him fall apart... Heh.

Yeah the synthetic really has surprised me, I wasn't expecting to be able to notice anything, but the tranny difference has blown me away! It feel very much like I just got the Busa back from a gunsmith after having it's action smoothed and polished... pretty cool for just fluids. :beerchug:

Hey Rev... I use Silolene 1/2 Synth and love it too!

Here is a tip I got from a dyno tuner and racer. When you fill your oil, don't fill it all of the way to the top of the fill marks. If you leave some (make sure it is above low mark) room, you MAY add 1-3 HP. Dunno if it is true, but I was reading that a lot of people do this before dynoing their bikes to get max HP.
;)

Hey Rev...  I use Silolene 1/2 Synth and love it too!

Here is a tip I got from a dyno tuner and racer.  When you fill your oil, don't fill it all of the way to the top of the fill marks.  If you leave some (make sure it is above low mark) room, you MAY add 1-3 HP.  Dunno if it is true, but I was reading that a lot of people do this before dynoing their bikes to get max HP.
;)
I've heard that and felt it before. Not on a bike but my Plymouth had a 340 in it and if you really topped off the oil, I could actually feel the difference. Good Point.

I am still just pretty floored, I guess it's kinda like when I finaly got my Busa, anytime something lives up to the Hype I get pretty stoked.

I guess it comes from living in a commercialized society. I mean Budwiser will get you chicks, Buying a Silverado makes you a cowboy, and Smoking a Marlboro takes you to Marlboro Country. I get pretty pessimistic, so I am usually floored when something works as advertised.

Now I am not saying that there was any real HP Gain, But it "Feels" like it's got a bit more oomph...

Hey Rev...  I use Silolene 1/2 Synth and love it too!

Here is a tip I got from a dyno tuner and racer.  When you fill your oil, don't fill it all of the way to the top of the fill marks.  If you leave some (make sure it is above low mark) room, you MAY add 1-3 HP.  Dunno if it is true, but I was reading that a lot of people do this before dynoing their bikes to get max HP.
;)
I've heard that and felt it before.  Not on a bike but my Plymouth had a 340 in it and if you really topped off the oil, I could actually feel the difference.  Good Point.

I am still just pretty floored, I guess it's kinda like when I finaly got my Busa, anytime something lives up to the Hype I get pretty stoked.

I guess it comes from living in a commercialized society.  I mean Budwiser will get you chicks, Buying a Silverado makes you a cowboy, and Smoking a Marlboro takes you to Marlboro Country.  I get pretty pessimistic, so I am usually floored when something works as advertised.

Now I am not saying that there was any real HP Gain, But it "Feels" like it's got a bit more oomph...
In my opinion, just slicking up the tranny would be worth the swap even with no HP gain. The PCIIIR and a good map really makes a difference with shifting but the tranny still isn't quite as refined as I would like for it to be. If I can get just a bit more refinement out of going to synthetic oil I think it'll be good enough though. I'm tempted to go ahead and swap over at 1000 but I don't know...

I read somewhere on the board where they were recommending waiting until 2000 miles to switch to synthetic, but I dunno. This would prolly be a question worthy of JC...NO NO The Other JC...

Back