OK, auto mechanics, got a question

When you check the fuel pressure, make sure fuel pressure remains constant at all rpm ranges, + or - 5 psi, when you shut the engine off, the pressure should not drop more than 5 psi after 5 minutes, if it does the fuel prssure regulator is bad. That will not cause a problem driving, when the pressure regulator is bad, that will cause extended crank time. To isolate a regulator problem or a injector problem if the pressure drops after shutting off the engine, pinch off the line from the pressure guage to the fuel tank, if it continues to drop, then you have an injector problem. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
                                                                                            Brad.

If you had a leaky injector,you would have a running issue.A bad check valve in a pump can leak slow or fast.As far as it making the trip,thats a coin toss.It could go any time or run another year.I wish I could give you a solid answer other than buy a pump.

from what ive heard it sound like a reglator if you have proper pressure but doesnt hold. A leaking injector will also give you a fouled plug on the affected cylinder. That would give you a miss on initial start up until cylinder clears out ,if it clears. You would get a check engine light due to this cylinder misfire of a fouled plug . You could check for a dark plug, if you have none most likely its the regulator. You could clamp return line with a proper line clamp, not vise grips ( just sayin) let engine completely cool to the point it hestitates to start any way any try to restart. If it starts faster than it has been its the regulator. P.s. dont leave the clamp on the line for any real amount of time after starting as the return line isnt rated for much pressure . Hope this long distance diagnosis helps some. Best of luck.

I answered in your other thread. I referenced the replies in this one over there as above
wow.gif

Back