Ok another suspension question?

Freechance

Registered
I was just wondering what i needed to do for this? I have a good stretch and a 240 tire and everytime i hit a bump it throws me up off the seat and the tire also rubs the undertail..now i just lowered the bike about an inch or so..im about 160 lbs..
So i know the suspension is going to need something different..i believe its the stock spring..
So can i adjust this out, or do i need a different spring? If so what spring do i need?

I would increase your compression spring tighter.. If your getting pogo'd up off the seat I would adjust the both the rebound and compression. Do a youtube search for damping adjustment. Plenty of videos to get you in the ballpark. Sit back watch and learn.

You need to adjust the rear suspension or go with a heavier spring or both :thumbsup:

160 lbs I dont think he needs a stiffer spring.
Thanks captain obvious for mentioning adjusting the rear suspension thats an obvious.
First I would adjust for the bottoming out by adjusting the compression / shock spring.
There are 2 collar nuts at the top, loosen the top one which acts as a lock nut lefty loosey applies here.
Next tighten the lower nut which will increase spring pressure. I would start by one full and a half rotation tighter.
Sit on the bike, if you ride with a passenger I would have them sit on the bike also with you.
Adjust from there till it doesnt bottom out.
Next is the rebound adjustments these are the small adjusters you adjust with a flat blade screwdriver...

Ya thats what i wanted to know..i figured i could stop it from bottoming out but i didnt know if i adjusted the spring tighter i could ever get the suspension setup right..i figured at 160lbs the bike shouldnt even know im there..lol..
Thanks guys for all your help..
I watched a couple youtube videos and it doesnt look that hard to setup the suspension at least get it in the ballpark..

The stretch increases the leverage on the shock, so a 160 lb rider would be more than that to the suspension. If he is bottoming out the stock suspension its a good bet he will have to make it too stiff to stop the bottoming. I weigh 300 lbs and I didn't really have issues bottoming out the stock setup, so it must be leverage from the stretch.

Back