OK a little Bikeshop weirdness...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK so a dude comes in late last week to buy a Yamaha V-star right? His First bike... Well the nimrod leaves the dealership about 6 hourse later with a freaking R1... Yup. I mena how he got to R1 from Cruiser is a mystery... It's as if he's gone off his meds and just isn't sure whats happening...

So now he comes rolling up to the shop talking like he is a "HardCore" biker boy... WTF? Still won't buy a decent helmet though.

Ummm.... OK. So now you know why sometimes the folks at the dealership are sorta odd and look at ya funny. Cause they are waiting to see what kinda weird shid your about to come up with.
smile.gif

Oh, We can have the "Why is Arai worth the Money?" argument again. I had a 2 hour seminar regarding Arai and their technology.

Anyhoo, things are going well, surprisingly I do much better out in front of the counter helping folks out, and FOLKS... I can sell some Gear!!!
smile.gif
My Enthusiasm seems to be infectious.
thumbs-up.gif

smile.gif

OK so a dude comes in late last week to buy a Yamaha V-star right?  His First bike... Well the nimrod leaves the dealership about 6 hourse later with a freaking R1...  Yup.  I mena how he got to R1 from Cruiser is a mystery...  It's as if he's gone off his meds and just isn't sure whats happening...

So now he comes rolling up to the shop talking like he is a "HardCore" biker boy...  WTF?  Still won't buy a decent helmet though.  

Ummm....  OK.  So now you know why sometimes the folks at the dealership are sorta odd and look at ya funny.  Cause they are waiting to see what kinda weird shid your about to come up with.  
smile.gif

Oh, We can have the "Why is Arai worth the Money?" argument again.  I had a 2 hour seminar regarding Arai and their technology.

Anyhoo, things are going well, surprisingly I do much better out in front of the counter helping folks out, and FOLKS...  I can sell some Gear!!!  
smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif
I've never understood that concept, you buy a 10-12 grand bike, but too thrifty to protect your melon with a quality piece,somebody explain this phenomenom to me!

smile.gif

Rev.. I never imagined you as a "people person" I figured when someone walked through your arches you would just beat it out of them what they wanted, strap it to their a$$es and kick them out the door.

So you are actually finding a way to communicate with the general public without intimidation?

poke.gif

biggrin.gif

Rev.. I never imagined you as a "people person" I figured when someone walked through your arches you would just beat it out of them what they wanted, strap it to their a$$es and kick them out the door.

So you are actually finding a way to communicate with the general public without intimidation?

poke.gif

biggrin.gif
LOL !

OK so a dude comes in late last week to buy a Yamaha V-star right?  His First bike... Well the nimrod leaves the dealership about 6 hourse later with a freaking R1...  Yup.  I mena how he got to R1 from Cruiser is a mystery...  It's as if he's gone off his meds and just isn't sure whats happening...

So now he comes rolling up to the shop talking like he is a "HardCore" biker boy...  WTF?  Still won't buy a decent helmet though.  

Ummm....  OK.  So now you know why sometimes the folks at the dealership are sorta odd and look at ya funny.  Cause they are waiting to see what kinda weird shid your about to come up with.  
smile.gif

Oh, We can have the "Why is Arai worth the Money?" argument again.  I had a 2 hour seminar regarding Arai and their technology.

Anyhoo, things are going well, surprisingly I do much better out in front of the counter helping folks out, and FOLKS...  I can sell some Gear!!!  
smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif
I've never understood that concept, you buy a 10-12 grand bike, but too thrifty to protect your melon with a quality piece,somebody explain this phenomenom to me!
Ya got me. For once in my life, I'm at a loss for words.

I will say however, I've had my share of reasons for not wanting to wear a helmet in the past. Those days, however, are long gone.

Yikes.

--Wag--

smile.gif

Hey Rev, the funny thing is he probably left the house that day to go an buy a good mulching lawnmower.
wow.gif

customers are a strange, and fickle beast. Don't try to understand them, don't try to rationalize with them.

from personal experience I have pissed people off and almost lost a sale once for my niceness..

happens all the time here..

hehe I need a duramax with the allison tranny.. I pull my 16 foot boat twice a year..

uhhh,, you realize you could pull your boat and probably buy another boat with the amount of money you could save just buying a 3/4 gas truck right?

yeah, but I NEEED the diesel!

ok... let me get you a tag, and tell you about the fabulous rebates, and special finance rates available today on this truck.

oh and uh.. buyers are liars too.. it's ok to lie to a salesman.. they are stupid and don't know anything about cars/trucks/bikes/loans/whatever anyway.
push the gear though.

poke.gif

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif

Rev, guys like that are pavement stains just waiting to happen...hopefully it'll just be him and not anyone he's riding with or that happens to be near his dumba** when he bites it...

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112476514 -->

Maybe it's not his first "real" bike! Maybe he had a bike before, but he crashed it and lost his memory because he wasn't wearing a helmet. Maybe he doesn't even know he crashed. Ohh the possibilities!
biggrin.gif

Interesting....and damned funny at the same time.

6 hours at a dealership? Holy crap...thas a long time.

BTW....I need a helmet. What can ya price for me?
cool.gif

People almost NEVER buy for anything other than emotional reasons. Granted, people will make a decision to acquire some particular acquisition because they really do need such and such acquisition. But when it comes down to the actualy purpose, the brand they buy or the price they pay will nearly always be based on some emotion or other.

I'll be the first one to admit that when I made the decision to buy the Busa, it was in 1999. (Of course, I didn't actually buy it until end of last year!) But my reasons for wanting it on '99 were strictly vanity only.

So, the trick is to discover, generally, what emotional reasons people have for coming into your store and then, to use those emotions to A) make a sale and B) sell what they really need at the same time you sell to their emotion. Basically, listen to them carefully and eventually, ask the right questions to make them think it was their idea.

This should even work well on stupid people. Are they driven by vanity? Many, if not most bike buyers are. They like to be noticed. They may simply be proud of the fact that they can 'afford' to buy one in which case, they will spend themselves into oblivion and brag about the price to all their friends.

They may be driven by brand loyalty. Did daddy own a honda way back when? Guess what this guy will buy. Unless he hates his old man. Then it's likely that he did a mass amount of homework and made what he feels is the smartest decision on earth about what to buy. This guy will test you, too. Know your product knowledge inside and out and remember: He's still buying on the emotion of pride.

Just some thoughts. Might help explain to a small degree why people are so odd when they are buying things!

--Wag--

I'm sure in time you'll have a ton of stories like that one...hope the guy with the new R1 doesn't decide to go with a 1/2 helmet!
tounge.gif

I knew you'd be a good sales guy...
cool.gif

Miss the desk job at all?

Back