oil

gjitsu

Registered
hi just bought a 06' blk busa w/500mi on od changed it at 600mi w/suzuki synth brand oil what do some of u use and can i get some cheaper than $8.00 a quart --should i change it every 3000 mi.

Use the search button top right hand corner.
There is a lot of info in past posts.
I am using Amsoil.

And welcome to the board

I use 5w30 mobil 1 syn and the bike loves it no problems what so ever. every other oil change i put some lucas syn oil treatment in the bike also

I just switched to Maxima Maxum 4 Syn blend. $28/per gallon. Only a couple hundred miles so far but noticably quieter & smoother but the biggest difference is in the shifting. Feels like a new tranny.

I saw the Suzuki 10w-40 synthetic advertised in one of the bike mags for $6.95 a quart. I plan on using that for my next change.

Hello all,

Perhaps I have a different manual than most of you, but mine says not to use synthetic oil as it will cause transmission problems. Can someone shed some light on this issue; mayhap I am misinterpreting this section. Thanks in advance,

Gunslinger14647

I won't rec any oil or any changes til I see one thing...

... that one thing is PICS!!!!!

WELCOME! haha!!!!

mobil 1 15w-50
beerchug.gif

Shell Rotella T full synthetic...
Get it at WalMart, about $14 for the Gallon jug...
I have been using it for several years in several bikes...
From a Goldwing to a HD to a Busa...
Never had a hint of any problem...

David

I cancelled my 10/19/06 600 mile oil change that the salesman stated was required to maintain warranty. Went back at the end of my first week to the owner of the shop and told her I wasn't going to garage it for 5 weeks. She stated no warranty issues and made an appointment for this week. She told me not to worry about the 600 miles, but try to not exceed 1200. $ 135.00 what a rip. Bought Suzuki oil and filter for $20.00 and change.

1) Anyone have any thoughts about Suzuki's warning on synthetic's. 2) Do I have to drop the fairing to change the filter ?

I'm getting use to the tranny, it's rough in my opinion. Read post stating synthetic helped. Just don't want to loose longevity with the bike.

I have used synthetic oil on 2 different bikes for over 68,000 miles and have never had an issue with it.

You can just split the bottom of the fairings to do it but it is MUCH easier to just remove the right side.

Dude you must wake up and ride and go to sleep and repeat........

I keep telling everyone the busa talks to me. Ride me, Ride me.

(dadofthree @ Sep. 21 2006,12:42) Dude you must wake up and ride and go to sleep and repeat........

I keep telling everyone the busa talks to me. Ride me, Ride me.
Where are you located?

I pinged Rev. on this about two months ago. He recommend the Silkolene 4T 10w40. The stuff is a little steep in price, but my bike rides better than it ever has.... Quiter, smoother and cooler.... I will be staying with the Silkolene!!!

Back