Oil Pressure, need higher pressure...

MiniBusa

Registered
I need help, do not understand where to post this topic...

I have a hayabusa engine in a morris mini. Last year i had trubble with the cooling of the oil. This year i change to a much bigger oil cooler, with larger oil lines, and moved the cooler in front using 2x 3m 10-an hose. I belive this is the reason to my problem, but i need as much cooling as i can get.

I also innstalled an APE high oil pressure gear, but my oil pressure is still very low (>1 bar with hot engine, 5 bar when reving up)

What to do now?

I can move cooler, so i can use shorter hoses...
I can use a smaler cooler...
Thinner hoses...

Are there somthing els to do?

Please help, tell me what you would have done...

You just cannot push the oil through both longer and larger diameter lines w/o loosing pressure.

Go back to stock and use an oil that can take constant +310F temps . There are several oils that can take the beating your car can dish out .

PM for a short list of these oils available where you live.

If you increase the volume of the system (adding longer hoses) wouldn't you have to add more oil to maintain the ratios (oil to system volume) and pressure?

(thebbbusa @ Oct. 18 2006,10:02) If you increase the volume of the system (adding longer hoses) wouldn't you have to add more oil to maintain the ratios (oil to system volume) and pressure?
Yes, ofcourse... That is done...

Do anyone have expirience with dry sump?
Will shorter hoses help a little or a lot?

Do you know the oil pressure specifications on a factory configuration Hayabusa Motor?
I would start with these statistics.
The original specifications may be influenced by the larger oil cooler. If you wish to restore original pressure simply return to the factory cooler. Then extend the hoses using identical inner diameter hose to the desired location. If the current (non-original) cooler is not exactly the same as the Suzuki type regarding flow rates and internal characteristics you will suffer a reduction in flow and pressure accordingly.
Try alternative methods to cool your setup.
Header wrap will yield good results as will a larger Radiator. Just get a radiator rated for the horsepower you produce in an automotive platform and remember that the effective cooling in the Motorcycle chassis is helped with the ventilation and speed of the machine. Minis don't seem to have as effective ventilation as does the Hayabusa because if the lack of side vents like that on the plastics. These work by venting hot air from the Radiator and the exhaust Header through the shortest possible path. If you try to replicate this maybe you'll achieve adequate results.
Louvers on your bonnet/hood may help with cooling as well as vents into the wheel wells.. Just be careful not to melt that elastomer suspension.

(MiniBusa @ Oct. 18 2006,06:51) . This year i change to a much bigger oil cooler, <span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>with larger oil lines</span></span>, and moved the cooler in front using 2x 3m 10-an hose. I belive this is the reason to my problem, but i need as much cooling as i can.
This may be the entire cause.

Back