Oil plug stripped

nabusa

Registered
Yeah so I was changing my oil today and when I removed the oil plug there were pieces of thread from the oil pan in it :banghead: I am currently in Georgia visiting my cousin. I went to advance auto parts and got this

Buy Dorman - Autograde Engine Oil Drain Plug 65209 at Advance Auto Parts

I went for a test ride for a mile or two can came back. Nothing was leaking, but when I let it sit for about an hour there was a quarter size oil mark where it is leaking :cussing: someone local here suggested I go to pep boys and said they have like a size bigger plug that I can put on. Anyone know of this? I just want to plug it so i can get back home so I can order a new pan from some place.

last resort just to get you going now: try some TEFLON tape on the plug you just bought from Advance Auto.

teflon tape, Crush washer and a dab of silicone, becareful with the teflon tape and only use it on the bottom half of the threads to prevent any getting in the oil.

Got a crush washer and that plug I got from advanced and it's not leaking now. I'll helicoil it once I get back home.

Back