oil pan?

Thank you, previous owner. His oil changes every 1000 miles didn't have the desired effect, as all it accomplished was to strip out the pan. Anyhow, I'm gonna take it off and hopefully repair the thread/enlarge it. Worst case absolutley is to get a new pan. If it comes to that, is there a larger capacity/more desirable one or a mod to be done while its off? I know ZX11's are notorious for shitting bearings unless they have an oil pan mod done, just seeing if there's anything of the sort I should be worried about. Thanks.

the a heli coil to repair . i think thats what it is called?

Used a heli-coil for mine, no problems since.

Haven't heard of any oil pan mods, I am aware of anyway...

Only mod i've heard on a stock oil pan is for people that run turbos...

I had the same thing happen to me. I ended up putting a helacoil in and it seems to be fine. however i am using syntheic oil now and i do get a drip from time to time.

Cool. Helicoil it is. Doesn't look terribly difficult to get off. It's just one thing after another. Can't wait to get on it, but I'm going to have to...6 long monthes.

(77moparperformance @ Nov. 11 2006,12:03) Cool. Helicoil it is. Doesn't look terribly difficult to get off. It's just one thing after another. Can't wait to get on it, but I'm going to have to...6 long monthes.
Dont forget to take step by step photos of the entire process for us alliterate type !
biggrin.gif

Back