OIL PAN RECOMMENDATION

Giovanny

Registered
I recently stripped my oil pan with the plug (( I Learned not to work on bike too drunk, LOL )), I bought an oversized plug and that worked for a bit but still seems to leak like 1 drop a week. I figured I might as well buy a new one, My question is , is there an upgraded oil pan you guys recommend other then stock one? I notice some oil pans online that have plug going forward instead of being under. Have you guys changed up from the stock one? Or you guys think I should just stay with stock and use the proper torque wrench pressure.

I would go with an aftermarket low profile for drag racing only if it is less weight than stock. I kind of think a racing oil pan will be heavier because it probably is extra thick for strength. Generally speaking, after market engine covers are heavier than stock. An aftermarket pan like Adams is going to cost a hell of a lot more than a good used stock one off Ebay.

Could you drill the oil drain hole the next size bigger and tap threads or is the busa drain plug the largest thread that is made?

Get an aluminum drain plug. That should remind you to not overtorque it and if you do, the drain plug will probably get damaged instead of the female threads in the pan.

I only put about 12 ft lb on my drain plugs. Never had one come loose.

Getting a low profile aftermarket oil pan it's absolutely useless unless you're running a sidewinder or turbo. The exhaust system runs underneath the oil pan so you're not picking up any additional clearance. You can get OEM oil pans cheap, I threw one in the trash last week.

Getting a low profile aftermarket oil pan it's absolutely useless unless you're running a sidewinder or turbo. The exhaust system runs underneath the oil pan so you're not picking up any additional clearance. You can get OEM oil pans cheap, I threw one in the trash last week.
NEVER EVER throw out Busa shi7. Somebody might have a need for it one day. :thumbsup:
The trash...:banghead: O well.
Rubb.

I recently stripped my oil pan with the plug (( I Learned not to work on bike too drunk, LOL )), I bought an oversized plug and that worked for a bit but still seems to leak like 1 drop a week. I figured I might as well buy a new one, My question is , is there an upgraded oil pan you guys recommend other then stock one? I notice some oil pans online that have plug going forward instead of being under. Have you guys changed up from the stock one? Or you guys think I should just stay with stock and use the proper torque wrench pressure.
Gio,try a wanted ad on here,a drag racer or somebody with spare parts might be able to help you out. You get the shipping cost,sumfin like that.
Rubb.

the oil pan´s plug torque is according to manual = 26 Nm

and

I personally (caused by oil drops at the plug when using the old ones) only use the special original suzuki squeezable sealing rings (only once, when oil change -> new "ring")

and

little hint - the gen2 oil pan fits 100% to gen 1
but not the other way arround . the gen1´s pan has NOT the two appendixes for the side fairings.

Back