Oil on my left foot.

Deuce_C15s

Registered
I've been riding the Busa all weekend. Probably put 250-300 miles on my new tires. Well last nite went for a short ride with a friend and we got back I noticed my left foot had oil like residue on it. I immediately went to look at the bike and didn't notice any on the fairing or down the left side of the bike. Later I went back to my Apt and just happen to look at other shoes I had been riding with over the weekend. Same thing. Oily residue on left one. I've been noticing my brakes acting a lil spongy lately but reading the forums is seems quite common. But now I'm worried that I'm gonna have to go home this evening and take the front fender off while someone squeezes the brake to see if I'm loosing anything. Has anybody had this issue? Brakes a good place to start?

Its most likely something coming from the chain or from the clutch rod that goes into the motor by the sprocket.

If you were losing brake fluid, you'd be in trouble by now...

GsxrBots said:
Its most likely something coming from the chain or from the clutch rod that goes into the motor by the sprocket.

If you were losing brake fluid, you'd be in trouble by now...

Ok. I'll have to take another look. I tried to smell the the stuff but it seems to have no smell. I really don't k ow what it is.

If you say left, the clutch bleed screw is on the left side. of the engine underneath the fairing. Must be a very small leak though because you'd lose fluid quick.

where on the shoe? Front, bottom, top, heel?

Re-enact it . get on the bike and see what exactly is above your toes, or a little ahead. Cuz the wind could be blowing it on your shoe.

May be a dumb question, but worth asking? The rubber on the gear lever always leaves a black stain on my left shoe, exactly where you describe. This is if I wear leather shoes, have not seen it on by black Sidi or Dainese boots.

im actually in working on that side of my bike right now... if nothing down your fairing it rules out fork seals but i would still check anyways... but in that area clutch bleed screw, clutch housing piston seal, stator gasket, shift shaft seal, housing that the shift shaft seal is in.

Power Wash off left side... Sprinkle Baby powder on the left side around the Shifter Seal, Stator Cover ride it hard meaning HIGH RPM then pull over and look, you will find the least amount of leak

If I had to guess the shifter seal on the engine is worn

Power Wash off left side... Sprinkle Baby powder on the left side around the Shifter Seal, Stator Cover ride it hard meaning HIGH RPM then pull over and look, you will find the least amount of leak

If I had to guess the shifter seal on the engine is worn

i agree im changing mine right now its a cheap fix about $15 and while your at it if you want to do a sprocket upgrade nows the time

Chain Lube, My left shoe has it. Mainly inside sole and a slight stain on top across big toe :whistle:

Looked it over yesterday. It's indeed the stator cover gasket. I checked all the bolts made sure they're tight but it looks like its where the wire harness goes into the case (the rubber grommet). Anybody know if you have to have the paper gasket? That seems like a place where I could Yamabond at.

The paper gasket goes against the engine under that rubber piece... So if it's on the engine side you need a new gasket. If its on the stator cover side of the rubber, that grommet is worn. Either way that paper will probably tear on removal so get a new one. Think it was 12$ from the dealer.

Back