Oil Light problem ?!

Sp33D

Registered
Soooo..

yesterday happend this freaking problem...

So i begin: Oil and fileter was changed on 11500 km , i try to maintain regular service every 6k km , now i have 14300 km, there is NO oil leaking, , there is a a lot of oil in that small window on right side,, so i think everything is ok ?!

This is what was goinig on.. I am driving and i i hit Neutral and hit killswitch so i can be cruise few meters without sound (neighbours and ther hate of my bike)
And that OiL Light get turned On o_O .. i was WTF O.O what now.. I get out of bike turn key off and than on and still.. than i hit killswitch on and again key off-on and still light is on...
And that i press clutch and start the bike and light is OFF ??!!
Than i turn the bike off with killswitch and oil lamp hits that evil red light, i start the bike and light goes away in 6th gate of hell-.... But i turn off bike with key wiithout turning off killswitch, i mean , killswitch is always on and with key , i whut the bike down and oil light is burining up. I turn key On i hear like always fuel pump , check and everything is ok , but oil lamp is on and when i start the bike oil lamp turns OFF...

So its like this in short.. when bike is shut down , turned off, whatever, (i mean when key in in On mode, before starting the engine, checking ...) oil light lamp is buring my eyes, but when i start the bike , it shut down....
there is oil, i maintain in same bike shop, (yamaha dealer, since there is no suzuki here in my town) and untill now everythign was perfect, guys know what they are doing.

CAn someoen help me ?!

ps. hayabusa is gen 2. orange one

pps. sorry for bad english i hope you understand what i am trying to say :))

What you have described is all normal. Part of the ECU test pattern.

No worries.

I just checked my 2009 (Gen II) does what you described.

RSD.

What you are describing is normal. The oil light is meant to come on when the engine's oil pressure is too low. There is no oil pressure when the engine is not running, so the light will come on. As long as the oil light remains off when the engine is running, all is well. :thumbsup:

ohh thank youuuu veeeerry much, :cheerleader: my soul is now resting, and my nerves are in normal mode :D

i never watch dashboard when i roll in N when bike is offline, and i was sooo worried wtf is wrong now, but thank you guys for info and replying :))

and just one more e thing.. after turning ON the key, and fuel pump is doing its thing, should the oil light stay on or it must turn its self off ? before i start the engine... just in checking mode ?!

damn i have busa for 3 years and now i am paranoid and seeing stuff which are not there :banghead:

thx again :thumbsup:

I always wait for the electronics to go through their start-up sequence before starting the engine. I don't know if it makes any difference though. That's just my habit.

when the bike is switch on but not started it will burn as a test only to go off once oil pump is pumping. if it stays on after motor is running you got a prob. but like all before me stated it is all go!

Is it normal to see on my Gen II, 2014 the oil light come on intermittently while riding slow through traffic at 10 mph and stay on when stopped? is it low pressure? never experienced this in my '99 with over 100k miles on the odo.

Is it normal to see on my Gen II, 2014 the oil light come on intermittently while riding slow through traffic at 10 mph and stay on when stopped? is it low pressure? never experienced this in my '99 with over 100k miles on the odo.
No I think you have an issue. 2014 it should be under warranty. Go get it fixed.

Heck NO it's not normal! Get the pressure checked with a gauge to verify it is good and if so replace the oil pressure switch.

Back