Oil leak.

Itsxthexslim

Registered
I had my buddy change stator gasket on my busa over weekend. Said gasket was bad or something like that from dealer so he put high temp gasket on it. Said little oring on bolt behind stator or something was bad but don't worry bout it. It would b bad. Rode bike home on highway and when I got home noticed liquid on my shoe. And looked and saw oil on lower side of fairing. Let bike sit over nite and 3inch oil spot on floor this morning. What can I do or does anyone know about this oring. Or what the heck do I do.

I would replace the gasket and the o ring.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

Not sure silicone would be the right thing to use. I use a product called "Silastic", but probably has a different name in North America. I've used Silastic, even without a gasket, and there are no leaks! It's good stuff.

It may be possible that your buddy didn't clean the surfaces really well before putting the new gasket...

"Dont worry about the o ring." Thats funny. Maybe get a new buddy/mechanic. In most situations that call for an o-ring it is there for a reason. It is usually a seal around a bolt because the gasket doesnt seal it. I'm also not a fan of silicone. The gasket usually does just fine on its own for this type of application.

RSD.

So straighten me out . Your bike wasn't leaking oil and a buddy helped you out by replacing it with another one and now you have an oil leak. Is that right ?

So straighten me out . Your bike wasn't leaking oil and a buddy helped you out by replacing it with another one and now you have an oil leak. Is that right ?

That would have been funny. "Preventative Maintenance"....... "Fail." :laugh:

I am such a mean ol' bastid.

RSD.

Back