oil leak

jimmylozada

Registered
i have a 2003 busa i has a oil leak is the first time i own a buss if any body know please feel free to gide me whit this problem

We really need to know the source of the leak to be able to help troubleshoot. Oil pan, drain plug, oil cooler or lines? Side case cover? Clutch cover?

Yer gonna have to get a little pro-active here jimmy. Looking into our "crystal ball" doesn't work everytime.:laugh:

Step 1: Remove the plastics and look for the leak.:whistle:

Need help getting the plastics off without ruining them...hit us back. :thumbsup:

RSD.

Get on the ground and see if the oil is coming from the oil drain plug before you tear the plastics off.

Get on the ground and see if the oil is coming from the oil drain plug before you tear the plastics off.

What he said.

Does it leak while parked, or only while the engine is running? Wipe off all the oil that has already leaked out, then keep an eye on it for a little while to see where it's coming from. If you have to run the engine to make it leak, be sure it's at a safe oil level and let her rip. Lie on the ground if you have to and wait for results. :laugh:

What he said.

Does it leak while parked, or only while the engine is running? Wipe off all the oil that has already leaked out, then keep an eye on it for a little while to see where it's coming from. If you have to run the engine to make it leak, be sure it's at a safe oil level and let her rip. Lie on the ground if you have to and wait for results. :laugh:

If the bike is new to you...which it is,this is a great starting point. Oil pan drain plugs are easily stripped by those who are shall we say..."less mechanically inclined."

Did the previous owner have a decent shop with good tools? Or did he have a bent screwdriver and a pair of rusty vicegrips? :laugh:

RSD.

take the plastic off,,get a couple cans of brake cleaner,rinse all the nasty crap off,,,then look while its running.

well i got the bike from a pawn shop but so far the bike runs great i only notice the oil leak when is park the problem i got right now is the bike is to low to the ground and i don have any jack or lift to see under the bike i don know if i take a picture right now if any of u pro cant tell by looking at the pic can tell were is coming from

Pawn shop eh....shouldn't be a problem then. :rofl:

Skip the photo presentation jimmy...seriously.

Get pro-active or call a mechanic.

If you want help great,but yer going to have to help yerself aswell.

A pic of yer dirty motor is not going to cut it.

I'm out...

RSD.

towel.jpg

if the bike is new to you...which it is,this is a great starting point. Oil pan drain plugs are easily stripped by those who are shall we say..."less mechanically inclined."

did the previous owner have a decent shop with good tools? Or did he have a bent screwdriver and a pair of rusty vicegrips? :laugh:

Rsd.

hey !

Nobody has even mentioned the baby powder trick. Bike too low to get under. Great Gawd :laugh:

I just meant to look at the oil plug not literally climb under the bike. I understand the pickups are built so low to the ground now-a-days I can't get under one :laugh:

3-4 drops over a week is nothing but could be the start of something.

give us a general clue......up near the front wheel or towards the back wheel......may be something as simple as an over oiled chain that has transffered its oil to the front sprocket area and is now dripping from there...if its that it would be close to the side stand area.

Back