oil leak

gurrera

Registered
My 99 has a small oil leak that seems to be coming from the bolts that hold the oil pan.
Can I remove the screws after I drain the oil and put permatex on the thread and reinstall them?

Sam???

I would call guki and get a new oil pan seal/gasket as that is probably your issue. Re install a new one...

I would give it a good cleaning and make sure where it is coming from first. If that is where it is coming from see post #2.

Sam, fix it right... the bike is too clean to halfazz it with goop...

Pull the pan, make sure everything is cleaned and replace the gasket.. :laugh:

I can remove the bolt and oil will come out of the hole.
It is like I can drain the pan that way.
Gurrera ???

[OK I see the oil pan gasket #2, I will by one of I need too.

But what is that on the lower left with 11 #3, 2 #4, and 1 # 3-5?

Could that be what seals the bolts heads?

Do the bolt threads go through to the oil, like some head bolts go through the water jacket on cars?

Gurrera???
ATTACH]141133[/ATTACH]

Scan.jpg

I can remove the bolt and oil will come out of the hole.
It is like I can drain the pan that way.
Gurrera ???
how much oil? does it just continue to run or is it a small amount? I would think that all the holes should be "blind" and not go through.. I am pretty sure that there are no seals or orings on the bolts.. (parts list would show them I would think)

if you pick the bolt that is leaking oil, I will pull the same on mine and check it.. (Or Busa99 can, he appears to have an oil leak coming out of his fairings too) :laugh:

Last edited:
i just changed out the oil pan on my 06 and there are no gaskets on the screws for the pan... after i changed my oil pan i had a class 1 leak coming from two bolts on my oil pan and i was able to tighten them alittle past the torque specs. and the leaks stopped but i also had a new oil pan gasket when i done this... if you do try tightening the bolt just be sure you dont strip it out cause that'll cause you alot of problems

HPIM1380.jpg

OK I removed the right side and I found the leak
All the #8 hex bolts on the t small covers where at least 1/2 turn loose
I will go over the hole bike and check all the bolts that I can too see that they tightened.
Thanks for all your help. :bowdown::thumbsup:
Gurrera

HPIM1380.jpg

Back