Oil leak fixes - ideas?

StromBusa

Registered
Here is my thinking:

I think it is possible to construct a large "patchwork quilt" made of liners as used for lining landfills, the idea would be to make as large of "blanket" as possible, prolly in place due to weight, attach weights as per 'net weights" <say using junk cars or such> and drag the blanket into place over the leak using subs, ships. The oil & gas mixture then would rise to create a dome (bubble) under the center of the blanket, could then be extracted as with sipping straws in the drink bags. There may be suitable inventory/capacity to do in rubber or plastic variations. Weld the joints using heat, I give it a good chance. Keeps the oil as well.

thEY TRIED SET A CONTAINMENT VESSEL ABOUT SIZE OF 4 STORY BUILDING OVER IT.
cOULDNT DO IT THE PRESSURE JUST KEPT PUSHING IT UP COULDNT SET IT DOWN.

Shortly after this happened I read a report about how the Russians having this happen several times and they fixed the problem 4 out of 5 times with a nuclear bomb strategically placed. 4 OUT OF 5 TIMES THIS WORKED. Why we haven't done it yet is beyond me. 60+ days of this complete BS is ridiculous. Bring me a nuke!

Shortly after this happened I read a report about how the Russians having this happen several times and they fixed the problem 4 out of 5 times with a nuclear bomb strategically placed. 4 OUT OF 5 TIMES THIS WORKED. Why we haven't done it yet is beyond me. 60+ days of this complete BS is ridiculous. Bring me a nuke!

You'll contaminate the water:rofl:

Why can't they just put a larger pipe ontop of the broken one??
Okay, it's a few feet deep which would make it a bit of a hassle but anyway..

Another strange thing is that we've told the US government that we could use our
brand new oilcleanup ships that we just got delivered with the absolute latest technology
for oil cleanup to help out but no... ???

All oil from Russia to Europe passes by our borders in the baltic sea and the rules
for double hull ships isn't avtice until 2015 so we really have to have the absolutly best..
One oil ship that sinks and the whole baltic sea would die in a matter of months...

Interesting idea about the patchwork quilt over the spill. The only problem right now is that BP is putting dispersant into the oil, which makes it sink and form underwater clouds. This is actually doing more damage than letting it just float on the surface. It's now depleting the oxygen out of the underwater ecosystem.!! NOT good..!!
I had also thought of the "Nuke" idea and I called it in to BP to their idea hotline. They told me that several other people had called it in. Actually it sounds radical, but it IS a good idea. We have small scale, low yield devices which would indeed fill the bill. This blast would glass over the top of the well and definitely stop the leak. The amount of radiation released into the water would not be much more that that which leaked into the water from radioactive spills from malfunctioning nuclear power plants in the past.!!

Back