Oil leak dont - help with clean up

Scotv66

Registered
Guys & gals (if any) - OK WingDing was dead on I got in a hurry and like to killed myself (geez 2 oil filter ring gaskets wtf was I thinking or not thinking, idiot - I digress) - now the cleanup. Oil soaked tires, brakes & pads and bike - so far a mix of simple green and Dawn detergent took care of the painted stuff - what do you recommend for the brakes and tires to get the B-King safe again - suggestions thus far have been a misting of gas on the rotors and pads then again with soap (dawn) to clean up the gas - gunk engine block cleaner for the tires and breaks - S100 foam cleaner for the whole bike - I am concerned with getting the bike safe , saving the pads and rotors that are on it , & not killing all the painted surfaces in the process - all your help is greatly appreciated in advance as always...

For the rotors and pads :thumbsup:

0.84.jpg

Mr Bogus also in the last post said - brake clean - I didn't get it but now I see - do you guys know if there is any ill effect on painted surfaces from the CRC???

Mr Bogus also in the last post said - brake clean - I didn't get it but now I see - do you guys know if there is any ill effect on painted surfaces from the CRC???

Do not use it on any plastic or painted surfaces.

rims are coated - I am not sure but I think it is paint on them - I don't want to clean them with CRC but I will get over spray on them - any suggestions - or should I go ahead and disassemble the brakes to clean them???

ok reading my last post it is un clear as hell - I dont want to clean the rims with the crc - juust the tires and the brake parts - do you think the over spray from the crc will bugger up the finish on the rims and if so what do you guys think would be a good work around?

ok reading my last post it is un clear as hell - I dont want to clean the rims with the crc - juust the tires and the brake parts - do you think the over spray from the crc will bugger up the finish on the rims and if so what do you guys think would be a good work around?

Spray it on a rag and wipe the tires down...it won't eat the painted surfaces, but it could 'spot' them, and it will dull the finish. You can wax the wheels afterward to restore the shine.

A good coat of wax before and after seems the safe way to go - thanks so much - suggestions are greatly appreciated !!!

Back