Oil Filters Question

roaddust

Registered
Hi Gang:

Did my 1st oil change on the new 'busa this afternoon.
Only 400 miles, but what the heck.

Anyway......
Went to the dealer this morning to buy an oil filter for the 'busa .
With sales tax this little "black beauty" set me back over $14.00 bucks ! Ouch !!
Hey, I'm not cheap, but I think $14.00 is a bit much.

The question .....Where can I order Suzuki oil filters in bulk at a reasonable price ?
Thanks ....
Roaddust

Guess you missed the memo about not using Fram filters? :super:

Weren't they found to have paper elements that break up and end up circulating bits of paper through the engine to stop stuff up and cause havoc? Anyone remember reading this somewhere else (another site or a magazine?) I swear I read it but I can't find it now.

Scotts Performance does. Costs about the same as 10 Suzuki filters. I've been thinking about ordering one. Check www.scottsonline.com for more info.

Oh, and take back the comment about Georgia cops being a-holes. I certainly am NOT.  ;)  :D

I was talkin' bout filters to ya the other day BT , I think most of 'em are crud . Anything of a de-gradeable composite stuck in a motor and allowed to have volotile chems pass thru is a mistake if ya ask me . Who thinks this crap up anyway? The engineers ? Lets make a motor run real hot,then we'll pass the really hot oil thru a paper thing-a-ma-jiggy . DUBM....oops...I mean DUMB.

It was like what I went thru with my fuel pump , paper filter inside kept commin' apart an' blockin things,made the ol
' Busa run like crap . You dont have that worry with a post '99-'00 thou .

have a good 1.........RSD.

Hey RSD... what kind of filter do you use now? I sent you a PM the other day to ask but they were messed up the day I sent it, I think. You may not have got it.

Thanks fer the info you gave me... :super:

Hey RSD... what kind of filter do you use now? I sent you a PM the other day to ask but they were messed up the day I sent it, I think. You may not have got it.

Thanks fer the info you gave me...  :super:
If I was you BT...I would stick with what Suzuki and/or yer dealer recommends .
The warranty thing....

Hav a good 1.......RSD.

P.S. I've cut a few filters open in my time too...
I run the Zook one's .

Back