oil filter time

busafan08

Registered
Again I don t like taking that right fairing off because sometimes its a pain to put back on is there any way to remove oil filter without removing the right panel I was thinking to remove a few screws on right panel separate the bottom chin panel and perhaps I can get to it that way any tips thoughts guys ? :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the manual says to remove the fairing..I'd be leery of prying on the plastics as they could crack.

The biggest problem I'd be thinking about is trying to get the filter off, it's pretty tight in there even with the fairing off.

What exhaust do you have? Stock header on gen 2 you can do the above, but most after market headers prevent this as #4 tube blocks filter. You have to take oil cooler line off engine block. You can reuse O ring a few times. Remember 7 foot pounds tq or 84 inch pounds for cooler line bolts

I had a full Akrapovic on my gen2, and the oil cooler line did not have to be removed.
Loosening the right fairing and seperating the bottom was all that was needed.
Brocks was the only exhaust I was aware of where the oil cooler line needed disconnected. And now apparently Muzzy, as that's what c10 has.

Thanks guys I will try to separate gently from the bottom running stock header exhaust that nut on the K&N oil filter makes it a bit easer to reach from the outside with a spanner so taking it off is no issue :thumbsup:

K&N also wrong preasure release. OEM only
My 30 year friend that is parts / service @ a Suzuki dealer has informed me the number of new suzuki engine failures caused by them. Two the dealer had to eat as Suzuki said no way they were covered by warranty.

I have the Brock’s AH , remove right side fairing, remove oil cooler bottom bolt, loosen 2 top bolts. Pull cooler forwards ( my have to gently pry ) filter comes out bottom right side.

I have the Brock’s AH , remove right side fairing, remove oil cooler bottom bolt, loosen 2 top bolts. Pull cooler forwards ( my have to gently pry ) filter comes out bottom right side.
I have the Akrapovic full system and I do exactly the same, I do remove the RH fairing though, good opportunity to check for oil leaks or any issues

I do not have to remove the oil cooler to get to filter , the Brocks CT is fine for oil filter change . I do put plastic sheet over the exhaust area under the filter , and I do usually run the K&N black filter with nut , if I haven't scored a oem . I haven't seen or heard of a K&N motorcycle failure in OZ , of course they would have to happen if you count in every vehicle type that use them , but really only ever have here on this forum . Maybe more careful with export examples ... I don't know ?
Anyway , be sure to Vaseline your fairings rubber grommets and the related plugs . Be sure to never be in a hurry and always get as physically comfortable as possible in a good position to replace the side fairings etc. .

08BusaKy is right on with stock header been doing it for 77000 miles .Remove I think 2 screws and some push clips from bottom and oil cooler area. My oil filter wrench looks like a pair of channel locks I loosen the filter through the hole in the side of the fairing .You can pull the fairing out far enough to get your hand in there to put your filter on

Back