oil filter removing wrench for hayabusa?

umairhashmi

Registered
The last time i did my oil change i really had a hard time getting the old oil filter off. We used a stretchable one from advance auto parts and it broke. Is there a suzuki OEM one available online? The filter is in a very small area behind the 4 exhaust pipes so its impossible to put your hand in there and try to wrestle it out

They make some that are like plyers. They work really well, especially if you get the angled ones. You can get right by the pipes and get it off. Looks like This But get the one that has a little bit of angle to it. You can get one at autozone. That's where I got mine.

They make some that are like plyers. They work really well, especially if you get the angled ones. You can get right by the pipes and get it off. Looks like This But get the one that has a little bit of angle to it. You can get one at autozone. That's where I got mine.

You have a link to it? ill buy it online. It took me about one hour to get the old one off last time plus the time it took to drive to advance auto parts to replace the stretchable one that broke :whistle:

I like the pliers but they may damage the new filter when you install it.
I got a swivel handled band wrench and ground a little off one side for ease of getting it past my Orient Express headers.
It works real slick now.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

I used the pliers kind but grip it on top of the oil filter cap instead of the oil filter itself.
So the oil filter cap I bought can still be used although the not way it's supposed to work...

I got a swivel handled band wrench and ground a little off one side for ease of getting it past my Orient Express headers.
It works real slick now.

+1. I had to put a few layers of duct tape in the inside to get it to grip but works like a charm, off and on.:thumbsup:

It works real slick now.

Over the years I have found this type to work the best. And no problem scratching the filter upon install, hand tighten only, works for me, no leaks in decades of doing it this way!

I always hand tighten, but when it's time to drop the oil I always have to drive a screwdriver through the filter to loosen it.. might look into those hand wrench style above..

You have a link to it? ill buy it online. It took me about one hour to get the old one off last time plus the time it took to drive to advance auto parts to replace the stretchable one that broke :whistle:

I can't find a link for the angled one. Just go up to your local autozone. They should have it. Mine did.

I tell yu what I have and I like it way better that the pliers wrench or any thing else. I got the same cup wrench that the tech's use at the dealer ship it has a nut on it and I slap a ratcheting wrench on it and like ol Emerald says BAM its of with little effort. all you have to do is just ask for the part number back in service and they should hook you up.

I tell yu what I have and I like it way better that the pliers wrench or any thing else. I got the same cup wrench that the tech's use at the dealer ship it has a nut on it and I slap a ratcheting wrench on it and like ol Emerald says BAM its of with little effort. all you have to do is just ask for the part number back in service and they should hook you up.

I thought about that, but the dealer is 30 min. away, autozone is 5, and I'm sure autozone is cheaper. No doubt the cup style would work a lot better/easier but I went with the fast/cheap route.

I had the same problem the first time. After that I went to Bike dealer and got me one of this and last time was like a walk on the park. :laugh:

oil filter cup.jpg

The suzuki filter wrench is by far the best. Slip the cup over the end of the filter, use a 17mm wrench and it removes or installs your filter without leaving a mark.

Cost is under ten bucks. :thumbsup:

Guys here in a link where you find the Oil filter cup wrenches. I told then it was for a Busa and they gave the right one and I just paid $9.00 and believe me it made my life a lot easer the last time it works like a champ :thumbsup:

Tools

I have both a ground down (angled) traditional tool and the Suzuki OEM one... Both work very well, but I prefer using the OEM one...

I don't have room for the Siuzuki part that goes over the end of the filter.
If a person changes exhaust systems, there is usually no room for it.
I used that style with the stock exhaust and now I can't.

you guys are killing me. Do your selves a favor and go out and buy a K&N oil filter. Part number KN-138, cost is 12.99. These are the best, they have a 17mm nut on the end of the filter that a socket or open end wrench will fit on and make your lives so much easier. Plus, you only have to change them out every other oil change.

If you want one I have them in stock and ready to ship. You will never go back to OEM filters again.

KN-138.jpg

Josh

Ryders Connection

Very nice K&N filter I'll go that route on my next change. I have been using this "Seen On TV" adjustable strap wrench to remove oil filter, great works just like a ratchet wrench. Two come in a pack, a large one and a small one. The strap comes off one side I slide it around the oil filter and back through the wrench. Tighten then use it like a ratchet. I also use it to give a slight twist after hand tightening.

Back