Oil filter relocation

thats the one I make.. and its not for nothing..its mainly for sidewinder pipe use and a Scotts filter. If you want to check your Scotts filter after drag passes, you have to pull the header off the block.. its a pain in the ass. this one eliminated that, and you just spin it off and on EZ.

thats the one I make.. and its not for nothing..its mainly for sidewinder pipe use and a Scotts filter. If you want to check your Scotts filter after drag passes, you have to pull the header off the block.. its a pain in the ass. this one eliminated that, and you just spin it off and on EZ.

I notice you posted that you are the one that manufactures the Oil Filter Relocator.
I have an Orient Express full titanium exhaust, and a Scotts filter and was wondering: Will it work with the stock oil cooler line in place?

The oil filter re-locator will worm on all gixxers and all busas.

The oil line will be in the way unless u bend it or re route it. Most dragracers take em off(We do). Just get some blockoffs and call it good.

The oil filter re-locator will worm on all gixxers and all busas.

The oil line will be in the way unless u bend it or re route it. Most dragracers take em off(We do). Just get some blockoffs and call it good.

Ya i wish i knew that before i purchased it. The piece itself is AWESOME! I wish I could have used it, but it relocates the filter right into the oil line like you said. I though that it would push it out past it so that way you dont have to remove it each time. I suggest you make one so that way we can use it and not strip out our oil line's!! :)

Very unfortunate..... but I am confused here.... ???

I can remove the oil filter out from behind my R-77 headers WITHOUT removing the oil cooling line. Unless you have wrapped your headers, I bet you can to.

However, it *does* take patience, and there is a specific sequence of spinning the old filter around like a Rubik's Cube before it reaches the correct orientation that allows you to withdraw the oil filter.

Next time I change oil (scheduled within the next 3 weeks), I'll try to take a short vid of the oil filter withdraw procedure.

Ya i wish i knew that before i purchased it. The piece itself is AWESOME! I wish I could have used it, but it relocates the filter right into the oil line like you said. I though that it would push it out past it so that way you dont have to remove it each time. I suggest you make one so that way we can use it and not strip out our oil line's!! :)

Hey don't throw it away.
I wanted one, but the price was too high.
If you are going to get stuck with it we may be able to work something out.

I can remove the oil filter out from behind my R-77 headers WITHOUT removing the oil cooling line. Unless you have wrapped your headers, I bet you can to.

DITTO!

I also would not call this a relocator as much as oil filter repositioner. When I got the ad in my e-mail from Schnitz I'll bet I opened it faster than anyone else only to go Damn! I too was hoping for a relocator.

Last edited:

However, it *does* take patience, and there is a specific sequence of spinning the old filter around like a Rubik's Cube before it reaches the correct orientation that allows you to withdraw the oil filter.

Next time I change oil (scheduled within the next 3 weeks), I'll try to take a short vid of the oil filter withdraw procedure.
So can I but I do have to remove the lower oil cooler bracket instead.

I like the stud idea on the oil cooler line, I get tired of fighting the darn thing. I think it's alot easier to just take it off. I am going to buy a few extra o-rings and install the studs. I'm using the Scotts filter and the Yosh R77 system. I just use a regular strap wrench but just found a solid aluminum wrench in J&P cycle catalog that fits the flats on the filter. It looks to be about 3/16 thick and should make it a snap.:beerchug:

I have this on two of my race bikes with sidewinders and it is worth every penny to me. I change my oil in my race bikes after ever race weekend so just having this ease is really cool. Great product and well built.

Most of you guys aren't the target market. This is mainly for guys running Sidewinder pipes on dragbikes. All sidewinder pipes are much closer to the block than the ones we use on the street. you simply cannot remove the oil filter on a sidewinder piped bike without taking off the headers. On drag bikes users eliminate the oil cooler. It's a non issue.

Sidewinder pipes start at about a grand ond go up, so 200 bux isn't a big deal. IF you check your filter every run, the 200 bux is easy to spend.

Most of you guys aren't the target market. This is mainly for guys running Sidewinder pipes on dragbikes. All sidewinder pipes are much closer to the block than the ones we use on the street. you simply cannot remove the oil filter on a sidewinder piped bike without taking off the headers. On drag bikes users eliminate the oil cooler. It's a non issue.

Sidewinder pipes start at about a grand ond go up, so 200 bux isn't a big deal. IF you check your filter every run, the 200 bux is easy to spend.

x2 :thumbsup::bowdown:

Back