oil filter on new bike / oil

Liquidous

Registered
sorry guys, ive searched, but no one has really indicated what oil filter is the preferred choice?

i have 179 miles on a new 04, ran it hard with the original dealers oil in there, and now im going to change it out to mobile 1 synth 5w-30... figured since i do not have a filter yet, i would keep the original and change it on the next oil change.

any recommendations , yay or nay on what im doing?
and can you refer me to some oil filters - bulk even?

I used the K&N oil filter on elenor... works for me!!

...but there is no great difference from stock to k&n... so if you are not really looking to spend dough, i suggest you stick to stock!

I would stay with OEM as well. I also wouldn't change your oil to synthetic with only 179 miles on it before checking with your dealership. Mine told me it would cause warranty issues.

Stay suzuki.

Why synthetic at all?
Once you get the bike really broken in, synthetic is the only way to fly. It will make your shifting as smooth as silk.
smile.gif

Stay suzuki.

Why synthetic at all?
Once you get the bike really broken in, synthetic is the only way to fly. It will make your shifting as smooth as silk.
smile.gif
Really?

Anyone else share this opinion? I have always wondered why so many prefer synthetic to regular oil.

Anyone have any other observations on the synthetic vs fossil debate??

Since I just got a new bike, I am more concerned with these issues now than I was with the F2.

Stay suzuki.

Why synthetic at all?
smile.gif
Really?

Anyone else share this opinion? I have always wondered why so many prefer synthetic to regular oil.

Anyone have any other observations on the synthetic vs fossil debate??

Since I just got a new bike, I am more concerned with these issues now than I was with the F2.
Here are some threads to check out
biggrin.gif

For more do a search for "synthetic and oil" and you will get about 10 pages of results. And yes my shifting was a night and day difference when I went to a semi synthetic. I am using Castrol GPS, stock weight. I have also noticed my bike seems to run slightly cooler, believe it or not.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119147657 -->

suzuki filter with 20/50 mobil 1 full synthetic during the summer and 15/40 during the cooler months.No clutch issues and quiet valve train.

Back