Oil filter cap wrench size

ZeePopo

Registered
So I started doing the oil change on my bird and seems that the dealer that did the last oil change had Hercules work on it. Can't move with any of the tools I have. Straps won't budge it. Pierced it and it still doesn't turn, metal gave way before the filter budged. So I don't think I'll be able to find the Suzuki cap wrench in time before the weekend so I'll have to buy generic. They go by MM sizes and flutes but I can't find the Gen 2 size. Any help is appreciated.

So I started doing the oil change on my bird and seems that the dealer that did the last oil change had Hercules work on it. Can't move with any of the tools I have. Straps won't budge it. Pierced it and it still doesn't turn, metal gave way before the filter budged. So I don't think I'll be able to find the Suzuki cap wrench in time before the weekend so I'll have to buy generic. They go by MM sizes and flutes but I can't find the Gen 2 size. Any help is appreciated.
68 MM 14 flutes. Rubb.

I have a collection of the metal strap style wrenches. For the nasty ones like this, I wrap some anti slip matt around the filter then the wrench. Been doing it like this for cars and bikes for years..
Yup,awesome.I use that mat that you line your tool box drawers so yer wrenches don't slide every time you open/close.Get it at yer auto parts store.
The foam that usually comes on the filter wrench is krap.
Rubb.

This is the one I use at work, I've never been beaten by any oil filter . . EVER!!
As you turn it with the 3/8 drive power bar, it just bites in even harder.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=121923946024
1588829392365.png

1588829482883.png

I have one I got 30+ yrs ago at a Suzuki shop...same dimensions as what Rubb posted with the nut on it...

Has been spinning Suzuki oil filters on many bikes thus far...

Don't be upset at Hercules for tightening that filter, notice how shiny that back tire is and the guy was about to lay into a nice sweeper on the freeway at about 130 when we seen the smoke and got him stopped.

View attachment 1618477

Don't be upset at Hercules for tightening that filter, notice how shiny that back tire is and the guy was about to lay into a nice sweeper on the freeway at about 130 when we seen the smoke and got him stopped.
Awesome save...that would have been a disaster. All the boyz twisting it hard... that could have been a big OUCH. Rubb.

Back