oil drip from muffler

KRUZIN

Registered
I've always changed my own oil. Nothing new, always change oil and filter with bike on rear stand. Always check oil level off the rear stand holding bike strait and level. Problem is underneath the muffler there is a tiny moisture hole and after checking oil level visualy I put the rear stand back on the bike then started the bike up and let it idle to check for leaks. I noticed fresh oil dripping from each muffler out of that little hole. Bike is a 06LE with 7200 miles I always use OEM oil filter and 10W40 Amsoil. Any one ever experience this? The bike runs very smooth..

wowold.gif

r8

Check your oil filter. Could be dripping a bit on the exhaust.....Check your oil plug too.

DD

Hhmmm... Oil dripping out of the muffler? That's a new one to me!!!!  
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

You do know that the muffler is the 2 big cans at the very end of your exhaust system, located near the rear wheel?
sadnews.gif

lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Are you sure it's just not carbon mixed with moist exhaust coming from the holes?

It was comeing from the little moisture holes under the muffler can, and it was fresh synthetic oil. Maybe about 1/2 oz of oil came out...then it stop dripping. bike runs smooth...

It was comeing from the little moisture holes under the muffler can, and it was fresh synthetic oil. Maybe about 1/2 oz of oil came out...then it stop dripping. bike runs smooth...
Valve guides or piston rings, first time anyone has posted up this problem that I know of.

Man this is a strange one! Where was the oil level B4 you changed it? Maybe too much oil and now is staying on top and running down worn out valve guide seals? If it were in the combustion chamber even though I hear full synthetic won't burn at idle it will kill the plugs. Does it smoke at all?

Just throwin this out! The stock header has a pipe in a pipe from the collector back, You don't have a crack or leak there do you? No idea how the drained oil could or should get in there but the guide seals is the only other place. Or is this a HO HO Got you
lurk.gif

No sign of any cracks. I just took the bike out for a ride and also filled up with gas. Bike ran very smooth through all gears and no smoke or any leaks of any kind. I dont know, I think the bike is fine, but very weird that oil would drip from that hole at the bottom of the muffler...

Back