Oil cooler swap?

murphc13

Registered
Hi all.My bikes oil cooler is a little corroded.A bit surprised as the bike only had 6600 miles when I picked it up.
The oil cooler is newer type(2014).
Ive seen thatthe 08-12 bikes have a black one(that shouldn’t corrode).
Are they interchangeable?

Hi all.My bikes oil cooler is a little corroded.A bit surprised as the bike only had 6600 miles when I picked it up.
Ive seen thatthe 08-12 bikes have a black one(that shouldn’t corrode).
To me they look the same,but have different part numbers.
2012 16600-15H10-000
2014 16600-15H20-000
Somebody smarter than me will have to chime in for you.
If yers is not at the "ready to puke" stage,you could just clean,paint,re-install.Save some bucks.Thats the route I would go. Also,Yoshi and others make a cool protective screen for protection. The placement of the rad and oil cooler are in a direct path of whatever the front tire throws up at them.
Rubb.

Last edited:
(...)
Ive seen that the 08-12 bikes have a black one(that shouldn’t corrode).

all gen2 have the same hardware, only colors change, so all parts fit 100% and are interchangeable in their technical functionality.
little example - a white side fairing of a 2016 fits at a 2008 definitely.

the 2 numbers rubb wrote only tell you what coolers color you get by them

all gen2 have the same hardware, only colors change, so all parts fit 100% and are interchangeable in their technical functionality.
little example - a white side fairing of a 2016 fits at a 2008 definitely.

the 2 numbers rubb wrote only tell you what coolers color you get by them
There ya go Murph...I had a feeling it was just a diff in colors.Thx Mr.Berlin.:thumbsup:
I've had 3 Gen I's,3 Gen II's and a BKing and worked on em all,some differences for sure,but a lot of shared parts.
Rubb.

Back