Oil containment

cwalker2

Registered
Does anyone know of a catch tray that fits inside the GEN II fairing in case of an oil leak?

I searched and found only one old thread that speaks of a pan that can be installed on a Gen II. A diaper doesn't fit well and has to run outside the header on a street type exhaust, so it is not only imperfect but dangerous too.

Googled and called the heavy hitters in gofast parts, but to no avail.

Thanks

Without a sidewinder, your options are limited. Your from New Hampshire, and New England Dragway will allow you to run nitrous without a blanket if you don't have a sidewinder. If Tech gives you a problem, ask to speak with Joe, the track manager, and he has always allowed nitrous without a diaper. Next year they are probably switching from IHRA to NHRA, so I don't know if Joe will change his interpretation. I was thinking of making something myself from .080 aluminum

OK. Cool. All the tech specs say diaper yet no one knows how to fit one safely - go figure. If I have to, I'll call Joe over to negotiate.

Thanks

It's OK.

Being forced to use a diaper to hold oil up against a road race header seemed like an outrageously stupid idea. Track manager agreed.

Using the bike as a street bike and actual "go fast in the twisties" machine also meant using real pipe and not a side winder exhaust. Options were make the bike a full time drag bike or decide best course of action for street strip machine. Since I needed a sidewinder to run a diaper I elected to skip the nitrous and never went that route.

Since this post I've got remarried and had two daughters. Racing has taken a back seat to being a dad. Don't worry. It's my choice and I like it that way.

Although there are rumors I may return to the track once again in the next year or so.

Back