Oil change

I was wondering if theres qany way to change the filter without removing the side panel? thanks in advance for any kind of help.

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
busaben.. by post whoring do you mean.. "replying for no real reason" ..for example.. if somebody asked a question.. and several people had already answered so that no more replies were necessary..
rock.gif
would that be post whoring?

I would hate to do something like that.
wow.gif
laugh.gif

O.. by the way.. it is possible to change the filter without removing the fairing. You just need a 6inch hole saw to cut thru the oil cooler, and the header pipes. It would suck for the bike.. but hey.. a little sacrifice now.. alot easier oil changes later!..

besides drilling thru the oil cooler will of course make "oil drainage" much easier too. .. an added bonus eh?

Another post whore says no. Get a K&N oil filter and make the filter change easier - it has a nut welded to it for easy removal with a metric box end wrench and is drilled for safety wire.

GAr
cool.gif

pure_ego Posted on Dec. 06 2002,2:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
busaben.. by post whoring do you mean.. "replying for no real reason" ..for example.. if somebody asked a question.. and several people had already answered so that no more replies were necessary.. would that be post whoring?

I would hate to do something like that.[/QUOTE]<span =''>

No, absolutely not!

shoeio Posted on Dec. 06 2002,9:35
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
me thinks Ben has been having posting withdrawals [/QUOTE]<span =''>

Me? Posting-withdrawals? Someone stop me! I can't quit!

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#660000'>'Post-whoring' is fine in 'off-topic' threads, but let us try not to dilute the technical/maintenance threads. Not to spoil anyone's fun, but information should be kept clean and tidy. Feel free to play in Random Thoughts.</span></span>
wink.gif