oil change

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
how often does everyone change their oil?

AND how long does it take from start to finish. I"m thinkin 1-1.5hrs depending on how fast one is at removing the fairing.

I changed my factory oil out at 200 miles. Changed again at 600 miles. I'll change again at 1000 miles and probably go synthetic then. I'll probably still change it every 500 or so miles even with synthetic juice. I've always liked to keep fresh oil in my toys. Just my thing.

As for how long it takes, it depends. If you pull the plug and go to town for lunch and errands while it drains like I do, it takes around three hours.
laugh.gif

man the way I ride...I'd be changing the oil every other weekend...if I have a big weekend I'll put 250mi on my bike...which isn't alot but still....

Wish I had time to ride that much. If I rode more I would probably change it every 1-1.5k or so. I don't like letting the used oil sit in the motor after it starts getting acidic. I hate not getting more miles out of my oil but I just can't stand the thought of it sitting in there possibly slowly corroding my engine parts.

I change mine every 3k miles and before and after track days using a synthetic blend. I commute on my Busa every day that is above 40 degrees by 7am and get 70 miles round trip. I average 10k miles a year and four to six track days a year.

Guy

I have a 99 Busa with 35k miles on it and I change the Mobil 1 synthetic about every 3500 miles the K&N filter takes about 10 minutes once the left side lower plastic is off. Total time is about 1 to 2 hours depending if the RS3 pipes are warm or hot.
since I ride in hot weather here in Atlanta, Ga. the Mobil 1 seems to work well for me

Back