Oil change

det45

Registered
Can anyone tell me where I can buy an oil filter for my Gen 2 Busa and my 2008 Kawa vulcan without going into the poor house? The local bike shop here wants twenty bucks for each oil filter! Oil changes get real expensive every three thousand miles owning two bikes.???

That does seem high. They usually don't run but about 10 bucks. If you get the filter number, check at Advance Auto.

According to the Busa manual you don't replace the filter everytime. I paid 13 bucks for my filter from a dealer in so-cal.

According to the Busa manual you don't replace the filter everytime. I paid 13 bucks for my filter from a dealer in so-cal.

Yeah, I think the manual says change every other time...I'm just a stickler on maintenance. It may be dusty, but the internals are clean, LoL

If you do go somewhere other than the dealership (Advance, Ebay, etc) just make sure you get a good quality filter.

On all my other bikes I've replaced it everytime. This was the first time I have seen that in a manual. Thought I would throw it out there and see what happened.

That's a major ripoff brother. I pay somewhere around $30 bucks for zuki oil and filter. I think the filter runs about $5

I would be real carefull using any filter other than an OEM filter. The relief valve in other filters may not be the same. For a savings of a few bucks you could be looking for some engine damage.

I paid less than that for a K&N last week. Look in the link that nick sully posted up it should help.

I think mine are 10 to 12 also. for suzuki one.

I just got mine at the local dealer for 10 bucks or so. Sounds like someone is getting greedy to me

Back