Ohlins Steering Damper Help

04LE

Registered
So I was just moving the bike around the garage and noticed I was not able to turn the handlebars locked to the right. Looked underneath and something went missing with my steering stabilizer. Not sure how it's possible but looks like I'm missing the bearing.

This has been on the bike since winter 2012 never had an issue before. I hope they sell replacement parts.

20190720_195509.jpg

20190720_195546.jpg

Well not really bro , I mean fit a new bearing where that one has pulled from , to be able to re use and remount that clamp . I can see the old one still attached on the 8mm locating bolt . Maybe get that off , and take it to a bearing shop , see if they got the exact same type . If your in luck , either get it pressed into the clamp by someone , or maybe have a go yourself using a socket and carefully tap it till seated . The one that has pulled hopefully hasn't damaged the clamp seat , if it has bro , get onto where you bought it as you have said already or an Ohlins distributor for replacement clamp . Be sure to torque it up to stock spec when remount .

So I was just moving the bike around the garage and noticed I was not able to turn the handlebars locked to the right. Looked underneath and something went missing with my steering stabilizer. Not sure how it's possible but looks like I'm missing the bearing.

This has been on the bike since winter 2012 never had an issue before. I hope they sell replacement parts.

View attachment 1601870

View attachment 1601871
thank god that didnt happen while riding!!

Response from hardracing

We got a reply from Ohlins.
Unfortunately, They said that Clamp now runs $195 :-(

That's insane.

Honestly...... we'd recommend just getting a brand new damper complete...... Only - $395

It's a newer model damper with better internals, and brand new fluid.
Basically like paying to have yours serviced .... except it's brand new damper.

Then you can sell your bare damper for like $125-$175 , and apply that to your new one.

Outch so I'll might take RT1340 approach.

Response from hardracing

We got a reply from Ohlins.
Unfortunately, They said that Clamp now runs $195 :-(

That's insane.

Honestly...... we'd recommend just getting a brand new damper complete...... Only - $395

It's a newer model damper with better internals, and brand new fluid.
Basically like paying to have yours serviced .... except it's brand new damper.

Then you can sell your bare damper for like $125-$175 , and apply that to your new one.

Outch so I'll might take RT1340 approach.
Crazy numbers!! So the mount is 50% of the total cost of a new unit.

Back