Ohlins shock fitment

simanio872

Registered
Hi guys,
Been wanting to do some suspension upgrades for a while and think I've decided on an Ohlins shock for the rear. The only one I've found is this one Hypersport TTX 36 Shock (SU 026) | Öhlins USA which states it only fits 2008-2012. I have a 2018 but have been told that shock would fit my bike. I was hoping one of you guys could confirm that for me before i dump a bunch of money on it:D
Also on a side note anybody tried the ohlins forks and a set of re-sprung and valved stock forks? Been debating the massive price difference....
Thanks!

Hi guys,
Been wanting to do some suspension upgrades for a while and think I've decided on an Ohlins shock for the rear. The only one I've found is this one Hypersport TTX 36 Shock (SU 026) | Öhlins USA which states it only fits 2008-2012. I have a 2018 but have been told that shock would fit my bike. I was hoping one of you guys could confirm that for me before i dump a bunch of money on it:D
Also on a side note anybody tried the ohlins forks and a set of re-sprung and valved stock forks? Been debating the massive price difference....
Thanks!
@fallenarch and a couple others around here have the ohlins forks, check out @fallenarch 10 year freshen up thread he's got ohlins all over. I will one day have them fitted to my busa but not anytime soon unfortunately.

Hi guys,
Thanks!
You'll get varied opinions on this. The problem is it's a very subjective issue as long as you don't tax the suspension riding fast. Speed up a little and it's not so objective. But here is the deal, a complete system designed for your application that is going to work best, provided you can afford it. And lets face it, they look trick too! I have experience with RaceTech and some cartridge type fork upgrades and they do improve OEM suspension significantly. I haven't tried other full system options (forks and shocks) to Ohlins but I would expect similar results.

My bike is a 2009 and I didn't have any problems with fitment, here are some specifics (sorry for repost, couldn't find the original thread:

You'll get varied opinions on this. The problem is it's a very subjective issue as long as you don't tax the suspension riding fast. Speed up a little and it's not so objective. But here is the deal, a complete system designed for your application that is going to work best, provided you can afford it. And lets face it, they look trick too! I have experience with RaceTech and some cartridge type fork upgrades and they do improve OEM suspension significantly. I haven't tried other full system options (forks and shocks) to Ohlins but I would expect similar results.

My bike is a 2009 and I didn't have any problems with fitment, here are some specifics (sorry for repost, couldn't find the original thread:

View attachment 1607448

View attachment 1607449

View attachment 1607450

View attachment 1607451

View attachment 1607452

View attachment 1607453

View attachment 1607454

View attachment 1607455

View attachment 1607456

View attachment 1607457

View attachment 1607458

View attachment 1607459

View attachment 1607460
Thanks for all the info man! Starting to consider taking the plunge for ohlins forks...

Nice share Willie !

I have a 2014 , and of course Penske listed to 2012 . It fits , and a FYI a gen 1 or gen 2 shock swap out but spring rate , and length are a slight difference .
Many sites do not update fitments like they should . If the bird was still at the top of the field in relevance
the fitment would be listed ;)
Thanks for the info! It does bug me that 2017 is usually the max year for fitment:banghead:

Nice share Willie !

I have a 2014 , and of course Penske listed to 2012 . It fits , and a FYI a gen 1 or gen 2 swap out but spring rate , and length are a slight difference .
Many sites do not update fitments like they should . If the bird was still at the top of the field in relevance
the fitment would be listed ;)
[/QUOTE[Hi. Penske makes a very good shocks too. What would help any shock too would be a titanium spring like I have. Also you can get titanium mounting bolts too I use them too and titanium motor motor mount bolts. I am also getting a titanium swing arm pivot bolt that I will be getting. You could also get a titanium rear axle and axle adjuster bolts and axle nut and a front axle and titanium pinch bolts, rotor bolts and caliper bolts also carbon fiber wheels like BST or DYMAG this will the bike handle and turn better. I can not use a titanium rear axle because my bike will make to much HP.

Back