Ohhh Nooooooooo!!! - Screwed Up!!!

neoBusa

Registered
I should not not do work on my bike after 1am ANYMORE EVER AGAIN!!!

I was doing some wiring work installing my new leds... everything was going great... Then I decided to take a picture of the lights installed. Then I very smartly decided to put the rear seat on to see how it looks before I screw everything back up and close it up... Seat goes in smooth, and clicks... It frickn Clicks... Goddammit... I did not put back the keylock line which releases the seat off... Picture below shows which line I'm talking about... Pick taken during while taking everything apart...

How in the world can I remove my seat now??? I tried removing the tail part with the seat on but was not comfortable putting more pressure as it felt like the plastics were about to crack...

Please tell me there is a possible way outta this Frickn mess I put myself in!!!

Rear Seat Lock.png

The part where the cable attaches can move toward the key location on the bike which will release the passenger seat. You can get to it by removing the rider seat and then removing those two push pins which should give you enough clearance to reach inside or at least use a long screw driver or something to move that part.

I'll try to find the thread that detailed the directions for you...

Well here is the thread I was thinking of but he just did it to get his keys out. I think it will still work for you though.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/108028-i-knew-matter-time.html

Last edited:
The part where the cable attaches can move toward the key location on the bike which will release the passenger seat. You can get to it by removing the rider seat and then removing those two push pins which should give you enough clearance to reach inside or at least use a long screw driver or something to move that part.

I'll try to find the thread that detailed the directions for you...

Well here is the thread I was thinking of but he just did it to get his keys out. I think it will still work for you though.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/108028-i-knew-matter-time.html

Yep, locked my keys under my hump once, Thats what I had to do, Tight fit but I was determined. As Im sure you are. :banghead:

Damn you guys respond quick... After posting the thread, I went and got BBQ Scewer and it literally took 5 minutes and DONE!... Flashlight pointed it from the drivers seat looking back, and pressed it to the right on where the ball sits, and seat popped out!

THanks Guys for your prompt responses! appreciated...

:learn: Always remove the two screws and the lock assembly - don't remove just the cable.

:learn: Always remove the two screws and the lock assembly - don't remove just the cable.

:werd:

Great idea!

Another one is to never :40__s: or :sasmokin: when your wrenchin'. A lesson I've learned too many times :whistle:

OR, put a piece of tape over the hole on the lock assembly. OR, keep a paint stir stick handy...........

Glad you got it off bro. These guys are great at helping because we have done it too. :thumbsup:

Damn you guys respond quick... After posting the thread, I went and got BBQ Scewer and it literally took 5 minutes and DONE!... Flashlight pointed it from the drivers seat looking back, and pressed it to the right on where the ball sits, and seat popped out!

THanks Guys for your prompt responses! appreciated...

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!! The org is here :laugh:

I always put a wire tie over the lock hole...it wont go down then I remember to check the cable

Good thing you got it fixed already. I was going to give you instructions after 2AM my time, under heavy medication. :laugh:

Good thing you got it fixed already. I was going to give you instructions after 2AM my time, under heavy medication. :laugh:

:rofl:

No more late night bike work!!! Thing is, I just cant help it... working at night is so peaceful... I guess i just need to get more rest during the day when I know I be working nights on my baby...

When I am working, it's mostly at night. You just need to shift you time schedule, as well as the rest of your life. :thumbsup:

Back