Oh, the crankcase vent...

Narcissus

Hayabusa Immortal
Registered
Why didn't I think of checking this before? You know, of all the things I've been checking, you'd think I would take a few seconds to check if it was clogged. :banghead:

Anyway, removed the oil trap and it was filled up with oil and sludge. This would completely explain why it would run fine, then start hesitating/stalling, then run fine again. I'm sure it isn't the only problem I've been having and fixing, but a major one nonetheless.

Anyone clean one of these out? It's the black bladder-looking thing connected to the middle-back of the airbox. Not sure if I should run solvent through it or just use compressed air to blow all the crap out. ???

Good call Paul, I've never checked mine. Stands to reason that it can/may clog up. Going to check it today. Thanks.

I don't think I've really cleaned it out in the past ten years.

Of course, it also means I have some blow-by through the rings. I might eventually be forced to do a big bore-kit, and then have no choice but to install a turbo. This deeply saddens me. :(

I don't think I've really cleaned it out in the past ten years.

Of course, it also means I have some blow-by through the rings. I might eventually be forced to do a big bore-kit, and then have no choice but to install a turbo. This deeply saddens me. :(

Ooohhh... the pain!...do it now....end the suffering. You must put an end to the hurt....you know what you must do for the greater good-think of what your Busa has done for you. Oh the hummanity...make it right:please:

Back