OH OH, New Battlestar Gallactica Coming!!!

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK So I know it's a little geeky, But I grew up watching Battlestar Gallactica and now they are coming out with a new one... Will Probably prove to be pretty silly, but heck it will be good to see the old ships again... Plus modern special effects...

Appollo, Starbuck, Cassoepia, Athena, Commander Adama, Cylon Centurions, oh yeah I was there it was my favorite TV show when I was a kid. A ragtag fleet on a lonely quest for a planet known as earth.

Cap

I'm not as old as some of you guys around here so I only know of them from reruns.. however I fell in love with them and watched every one of them several years back when sci-fi had like a 3 day marathon showing every episode :).

Battlestar is on right now, Sci-fi... Yeah I remember the cool toys, the Cylon ships and the Chrome Cylons, the Vipers. Good stuff. The little clips I am catching are interesting, looks like they are staying pretty true to the original... Glad I am not alone on this, Battlestar was the Bomb...

I used to watch it when I was 7 or 8... I saw the movie (1st and 2nd episodes) a couple of months ago... 20 years later is not the same thing, but it is worth watching...

After reading Dustman's post I was curious about something...

Statistics and Personal Information for captain
Birthday Date 8 July 1969 (34)

Statistics and Personal Information for Revlis
Birthday Date 19 July 1904 (99) :tounge:

it has got to be better than most of the crap on tv ...too much reality tv that looks more staged than real ...

if it were real tv then show everything and dont bleep anything ...now that would be worth watching !!! :D

it has got to be better than most of the crap on tv ...too much reality tv that looks more staged than real ...

if it were real tv then show everything and dont bleep anything ...now that would be worth watching !!! :D
Let's hope so, although new crap j8ust keeps coming out.

I remember this. it was a Galactic Bonanza.

BusaOxy1.jpg

Well heck, they redid Star Trek... That was ok.
Now there is also A new STAR WARS cartoon starring Yoda starting soon too.

I used to watch that show faithfully! Way back when you had to get up and manually change the channel to find it on one of the 4 stations you had!

Memories...of things my kids will never know! :laugh:

After reading Dustman's post I was curious about something...

Statistics and Personal Information for captain
Birthday Date 8 July 1969 (34)

Statistics and Personal Information for Revlis
Birthday Date 19 July 1904 (99)  :tounge:
NOOOoooooooooo! You mean I am older than the father of this site??

SHEESH!

At least I am like 60+ years younger than RevliS!

-Rip

I loved that show and watched it every week. It only ran for one season, but it seemed like 2-3 seasons.

They had a new series where they found earth, but it was lame.

In this new show, Starbuck and Boomer are Women.
wow.gif

BattleStar

<!--EDIT|Sane_man
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070728574 -->

Well Normally I like chicks on TV but Boomer and Starbuck women??? Thats just about stupid... Hey lets here for the new Millinium folks. They certainly seem to feel that the original didn't have enough women... Good lord, well at least we can be assured that repopulating the species won't be too hard...

I am still looking forward to it though, special effects should be pretty cool...

I think it is going to be awesome. And I don't mind that the sex of some classic characters has been flipped. Whatever. A man-eating, trouble-making, cigar-smoking woman as Starbuck? OK. I'm in. Sounds entertaining. Which is really all I want out of the mini-series.

My one complaint so far. Is that some of the Cylons are apparently very human looking. I'm not sure we're going to get the robot looking Cylon baddies very much. Which is a pity if true, because the special effects of today could have made great Cylon - human intereaction even with CGI.

Back