Oh goody...just what Rubb needs right now

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
My gen II has developed "a clunk". Too funny. Now I sound like the newbies and tech rookies.:rofl:

When I get bored and frustrated with the newbie antics I have been know to tell them to hold the phone up to the noise so I could diagnose.:laugh: Those and other shall we say..."RSD-type helpfull comments".:whistle:

When I'm in first gear around town and cut the throttle and the front end obviously un-loads and compresses,and I get a clunk.

It was doing it on low speed braking as well,but that stopped.:rofl:

I guess I have also been riding around without a headlite...low beam,she no workie now.

Something in the forks,steering head or wheel bearings I guess. This is just what I need right now.I dont want to tear into,I want to ride. She will probably nuke if I dont do something.

bad news for Rubb...good news for the brothers...you could get a full walkthrough with pictures for a Gen II's entire front end.:banghead:

I quit. RSD.

I would first check the obvious, front fender bolts, caliper bolts, etc. Not much else in the front end that would be loose. Is it only when you unload the throttle? There have been several Gen II's that have the clutch bolts backing out which is an easy fix if you catch it early, but that is not what you are describing. You could raise the front end and make sure you have no play in the wheel bearings, that will give you a clunk as well.

I had a similar problem...it turns out the fender had broken around one of the upper bolt holes into the caliper bracket..causing a slight gap between the fender and the bracket itself. During braking...they would meet and make a clunking sound. There was also some vibration when riding, so it's probably not the same thing...just thought I'd throw it out there. I ended up drilling another hole about 3/4 inch from the original...putting a nut and bolt through it and tightening it to the original bolt with safety wire...worked great and can't really be noticed unless you get low and look for it. Good luck regardless..

Bike.jpg

caliper bolts were the 1st thing I thought of too. Are you sure its the front end and not the back? I had a clunk one time that I noticed when I stopped and was checking the front end like crazy...turned out it was something rattling around my trunk space. It clunked when taking off too but I couldn't hear it because of my pipes. I only heard it when I was coming to a stop so I went right fro the front end. Hope you find it and its and easy fix brother. Rubb don't need anymore bad luck!

I say Fugg it Rubb just put your GenII in the mail and send that to me as well :rofl: You got enuff problems and headaches to deal with right now. Feel free to burden me with your GenII problems.... I mean that's what friends are 4 right? :laugh:

Thanks guys. I am so burned out right now,I probably should not even go near it with a wrench.

#1Busa... how would you like to pay for shipping?

Actually,he is not far off. The truck is not selling,the Gen I is not selling...might be time to list the Gen II.

For sale: 2009 Hayabusa, comes with free clunking sound.

RSD.

Certainly helps bring the value down if the STBX sees it needs 2K in front end work. Just sayin.......:whistle:

Thanks guys. I am so burned out right now,I probably should not even go near it with a wrench.

#1Busa... how would you like to pay for shipping?

Actually,he is not far off. The truck is not selling,the Gen I is not selling...might be time to list the Gen II.

For sale: 2009 Hayabusa, comes with free clunking sound.

RSD.

Paypal works 4me Rubb.....:whistle: i'll take real good care of her too :laugh: treat just like she was 1 of my own.... who knows maybe after you get thru this little fiasco I may even send her back to you :beerchug:

What do you guys think about this.

I'll repair whatever is going on. Then put it up for sale... fug it. Everyone always argue's about mods and what they are worth. Is it gonna make much difference in sale price if I ask someone to send me stock cans and a filter and keep my full system? I love this pipe and header.With the filter and the PC V tune it is making a ton of power. I could keep the goodies for when I get another Gen II. What should I ask? I got 8500 for my last 2009 a month or so ago. Any idea's? I'm pissed off yet again.

RSD.

I say schedule permitting I jump in a ferry this weekend and we fix the front end problem your having. Honest offer, bring your gen I to the mainland and sell it here. do you have it listed anywhere here? The shop my gen I is currently being repaired at does consignment quite well and I know the owners pretty good. Im also engaged to he daughter of THE front end women. she can sell anything to anyone. if you want it gone and don't wanna look at it anyone I can bring it there and keep you informed as to the sale progress and you get a check hand delivered by me to you when it sells. something to ponder my friend, I will buy it myself if my bike gets written off. unless you wanna trade it for my bike and cash. the lawyers said sell yours, did they say you couldn't trade it for a different one??

Honestly Rubb I think you should just hit the Pause button and take time to soak in all that's happened and clear your head. Don't wanna rush in2 anything or make a hasty decision that you'll regret. Whether you decide to sell your Gen1 or GenII you need to keep @ least 1 of them :rulez: your Gen1 is priced right to sell and $8500 is a great deal as well for the GenII the only problem is where your @.... I think the whole Canaduh thing has people timid and the fact that there are similar bikes for around the same price here in the states so your gonna be @ a disadvantage. Other than my idea :laugh:.... that last 1 didn't sound too bad either. why not just trade in both for something else?

Rubb, just sit up straighter, this will stop your helmet from hitting when you stop. :rofl:

There are lots of things it could be, take a deep breath, relax, think about it and then go look for the problem, could be something simple and cheap.

I say schedule permitting I jump in a ferry this weekend and we fix the front end problem your having. Honest offer, bring your gen I to the mainland and sell it here. do you have it listed anywhere here? The shop my gen I is currently being repaired at does consignment quite well and I know the owners pretty good. Im also engaged to he daughter of THE front end women. she can sell anything to anyone. if you want it gone and don't wanna look at it anyone I can bring it there and keep you informed as to the sale progress and you get a check hand delivered by me to you when it sells. something to ponder my friend, I will buy it myself if my bike gets written off. unless you wanna trade it for my bike and cash. the lawyers said sell yours, did they say you couldn't trade it for a different one??

Maybe we could work something out. My 2007 might sit a while here on the island. It would sell faster over there,but what kind of garantee's does the shop offer? I mean is my bike over there being test ridin' by every donkey dik on the planet with a class 6? I mean,I already cant fuggin sleep at night...do I need another nightmare to sleep with? What do they take for commission...lemme guess...50%.:laugh: Do they have stuff thats been sitting on the floor for 6 months?

This is a tuff call. I'm not sure I can trust a shop with "The Black Bastid". (bike's nickname,:laugh:)

I can just picture some 17 year old punk "Lot Boy" taking my bike out on his lunch hour and caning it like an' asian prisoner of war.

Too bad somebody just dont buy it 'cause Daddy needs a new pair o shoes. Actually,I dont need shoes,I need little things like groceries,gas and bill money.:laugh:

You know what I always say in these instances and you need the therapy :poke:

Grip It and Rip It

You know what I always say in these instances and you need the therapy :poke:

Grip It and Rip It

Therapy. Ya right... therapy costs money.

I'm way too fuggin broke to even think about attempting sanity.:laugh:

"Grip it and Rip it" sure....no problem...

you got a Busa that aint broke or for sale that I can borrow. :banghead:

The therapy I was talking about was taking a ride brother. I consider my Busa a Therapist :laugh:

Besides you'd be boring if sane :poke:

Back