Oh dear

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone has info on a deer whistle? Or deer repellant device??? Lots of those pesky critters up here.
pissed.gif
sneaky.gif
suspect.gif
1zhelp.gif

My advice for the dear whistles is DON'T. I know some swear by them but you will never see me with them any where near my vehicles. I am originally from N.W. PA. Tons of dear, big ones too. A family friend was in her senior year of college. She drove 40 miles or so to school every day/evening. Her dad decided to try to be safe and install the dear whistles. That evening on her way to school she hit 2 dear. Dear don't care about the whistles, just like some dogs don't care about the silent dog whistles.

Your best bet is just to keep your eyes pealed. Watch for their eyes, and hope for the best. I have came up on dear, turkey, racoon, squirles, local dogs, and several rabbits (and one verry unfortunate one). If you have to hit one try to be square with it. You don't want to be swerving or skidding sideways upon impact.

I never felt the rabbit at 140. Split him into 3rd's. Tail on one side of the road, head on the other, the rest of him was on my headers, block, and in the belly pan. Not fun to clean out at 4:am. (Rabbits smell very bad, espically with the gut-sack half cooked.)

Later,

Steve

I never felt the rabbit at 140.  Split him into 3rd's.  Tail on one side of the road, head on the other, the rest of him was on my headers, block, and in the belly pan.  Not fun to clean out at 4:am. (Rabbits smell very bad, espically with the gut-sack half cooked.)
That's just nasty.
Look out of those pesky animals.

We have lots and lots of Dear and some Moose. Just be very careful. I had the wistles (2 of them) on a RX7. I was going about 25 miles per hour and hit the deer with a very gentle bump. the dear sat on my pop up head light and then ran away. hey do run if you beep at them.

Going with the masses on this one! Never heard of anyone having 100% success with anything......................
Unfortunately, going to have to just keep an eye out for them!

Attach a big, sharp blade to the front and ride faster.
laugh.gif

Good hard-luggage would be a plus, for when you want to get a bite to eat.
biggrin.gif

Thanx guys... uh sorta. Not much confidence being built here. I will try and guess he deers moves ... I guess.
rock.gif

I wondered the same i have them on my car and they seem to work, but even so i always keep my eyes open!

Dez, what brand do you have? I found these guys and figure that $50 is worth it even if it only works on some critters some of the time. - Kent

Deer whistle

The Sheriff Department my wife works for had them on the patrol cars and they were of no help... They quit putting them on the cars.

Attach a big, sharp blade to the front and ride faster.
laugh.gif

Good hard-luggage would be a plus, for when you want to get a bite to eat.
biggrin.gif
Hey Narcissus,

That's how we do it here in Louisiana. Not many zoo's because we eat just about everything...all the way from the rooter to the tooter.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Brian

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Newbie to forums and this strict bs jus to comment...
oh..now I remember what the hell i was wanting to comment on DEER Whistles have saved me so many times in South Carolina back roads...They always look up because they hear you coming! When i was a kid, we lived on a stretch of rd, I always knew when a cop was coming cuz i could hear the whisles.

Hey Narcissus,

That's how we do it here in Louisiana. Not many zoo's because we eat just about everything...all the way from the rooter to the tooter.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Brian

laugh.gif

Back