Oh boy. Busa killer.

war69

Registered
In the new Motorcyclist.

1.jpg

I seen that! Not too good. If kawi builds it Suzuki better step up or we are in trouble. 250 hp on the conservative side.

Its great riding the Gold Standard..... The last sentence is priceless!!

How well will they sell actually though? If I walk into my Insurance company and say my bike has a supercharger on it...... Ummmmmmmmmmm $$$$$$$$$$

Personally I wont pay the premium for a street bike....

Yah price was never said. Kind of scary. Like I told my buddy. Id rather enjoy my ride and let it go right on by. You win.

Im sure Suzuki has planned for this day since the release of the gen2 and its 40cc upgrade. Like most production builders theres concept plans on the table for the next production release. I'm sure Zuk isn't fearing this bike if it's to be released. It was time for Kawasaki to make it's move with it's new 14 release. Good to see the fire has been stoked again between these 2 big cc bikes again because that only brings good things to Busa in form of engine upgrades & mods. If this gets released for the street then watch out Kawasaki because the Perigine Falcon will sure be on the hunt once again.

Love the hype and excitement of new and improved moto. I remember in 1996 I was riding 1994 zx-11r it was the fastest production bike of its time, nimble and a beast all in one..then I started hearing rumblings at the end of 97 about Suzuki new bike...when I laid eyes on the new 99 Hayabusa I was completely in awe.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I dont see that as all that unusual. family sedans have superchargers on them these days. hell, even the Ford Taurus has twin turbos. its only a matter of time b4 forced induction will be standard on motorcycles. its just an easy way of making horsepower yet still retaining daily driving capability when ur not in boost.

I turbo or supercharged Busa will handle 250 WHEEL hp all day long so to here manufactors talking about making it a factory option is no surprise. im sure there will be quite a few more fatalities from those who have nvr riden b4 and think they can handle that kinda power but who would have thought a Cadi would make 556 hp from the factory one day? or that one could buy a Mustang right off the showrrom floor with 750 hp?

Suzuki will take care of this little problem before we ever see the production version. I trust in Suzuki to be ahead of the game, if Suzuki comes out with a Turbo charged Busa... Well I will be FIRST in line to purchase this beast! It would make driving on the Autobahn even more fun... wahoooooooo!

I also would like to know what suzuki will do about it, I hope they do better than last time when they upgrade to only 1340, even when the competition was 1352.:poke:

I'll believe it when I see it. Without stretching or a lot of electronics they won't be able to handle 250hp to the rear wheel, for the average skilled rider.

I also would like to know what suzuki will do about it, I hope they do better than last time when they upgrade to only 1340, even when the competition was 1352.:poke:

The competition couldn't handle the 1299 brother :laugh: , even the white ones :shutup:

I'll believe it when I see it. Without stretching or a lot of electronics they won't be able to handle 250hp to the rear wheel, for the average skilled rider.

So what if the bike is electronically controlled to only deliver 250 hp when the bike is straight up (not leaning)? Also what if it has traction control and wheelie control to keep inexperienced riders from ask the bike to do the wrong thing? This could be trouble. Kawasaki has some pretty advanced management systems like the ABS and TC on the Concours. Why not use the electronics to control an engine with power to run down anything on wheels? Suzuki doesn't even have a bike on the market with TC yet........

I love the Busa but I have already had enough white knuckle moments running without electronics. If I buy another bike it will have these so if Suzuki doesn't get with the program it will be another bike.

A turbo Busa would be fine with the current engine. All they have to do is get 200 to 210 HP to the rear wheel and it will be a fast bike. If Kawi went to a 250 RWHP bike, I can see insurance companies shutting the horsepower war down. A 250 HP bike with a 155mph limiter.... Insurance will be the tail wagging the dog. We could probably get by with a 200RWHP bike but 250? I dunno. Also, any bike with a Turbo or Supercharger will cost what $4000 more than a regular Busa? That is getting VERY,Very expensive for street bikes. About $17000.00? Yikes!

I hope this bike comes to be but I agree that 250hp will be to much to handle for most riders. It will be interesting to see how Kawi makes a bike with that kind of power streetable.

...and it will still get beat around a race track by an SV650.

They predict 250hp. Kawi will probably make it 240hp. Then you figure in detuning due to noise and emissions (and a weak valve problem :whistle:) Now your down to about 210hp... No biggie, a few mods and we're good. :laugh:

I would hope Zook sticks it to them with a turbo'd third gen. :rulez:

I think it's a cool idea but not feasible for every day use. As mentioned before, good luck finding insurance.. especially if you're under the age of 30..

Back