Official mileage of pirelli angels

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Talk about cutting it close. We put 6500 miles on the trip, I have about 70 miles more than Steve because I rode to his house the first morning and we came back to his house first. I pulled into Steve's house to change the tires back to the pilot pures and here is what I saw when I took the tire off.

Talk about calling it close. So we now know that Pirelli Angels can get 6570 miles and that's it. If you get 12000 miles out of an angel you must ride like grandma all the time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

This is useful info. Hope others with different tires would do the same that way we could have a database or section where people can go to help them decide what tires to get. :thumbsup:

This is useful info. Hope others with different tires would do the same that way we could have a database or section where people can go to help them decide what tires to get. :thumbsup:

Excellent idea, we need it pinned with official milage listed only, not a
bunch of posts but only the original rider/milage.

That would be really usefull.

A database section...

Storms were ok for this trip, I sure can't see how anyone got 12k out of a set. Maybe if they weighed 125lbs, never warmed up the tires, never two up and never in A or B mode.
I am still in the hunt for a high mileage tire.

Excellent idea, we need it pinned with official milage listed only, not a
bunch of posts but only the original rider/milage. That would be really useful .A database section...

is this what you guys have in mind (same rider on same bike): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...37-tire-durability-thread-according-skaz.html

Last edited:
I think Dragonbusa is on to something. All those miles were put on one part of the tire, rather than spreading the load (and the heat) across the entire carcass. By concentrating the load like that, it may have artificially accelerated the wear of the center. I'd bet you would get better mileage riding in-town, where a significant percentage of your miles are spent leaned over. It looks like you still have several thousand miles of wear on the off-center portion of the tread. If you're going to do an all-superslab ride, you might be better served mounting something made for goldwings.

Dude we rode most of the trip leaned over, I'm sure the weight of luggage added to it but I'm pretty sure your not gonna double mileage.

wow.....

umm... so yeah, the only thing i can say in my defense, is that I put the angels on post wreck, so yeah, i did drive like grandma for a little while... but then i was back to my old self

what is interesting is the side by side comparison. they seem like they were worn about the same.

i dont know how i got 2x the mileage out of mine. Cap, what other tire mileage have you got?

Those were the first pirelli's but the Storms were wasted too. If you ride slower speed in a city maybe but I don't know how you these tires could last double what we went. It wasn't 6500 miles of straight line. We covered 5 mountain ranges for goodness sakes.

but you also rode "pretty fast" through the desert too...hot asphault will eat a tire

i think another person will only get your results if they are making a trip with a passenger or a full Ventura pack on the back and if they weigh as much as you...i think someone who weighs <200 and only rides locally or a minimum distance carrying luggage or with a passenger will possibly see many more miles...i'm just thinking out loud here

i got 8000 out of a rear Pirelli Diablo Strada and i weigh about 50 more than you but never put more than 600 miles with luggage on at a time and spent quite a bit of time in Eureka Springs, riding with Macon in AR, and at twotonevert's place riding the backroads and twisty's

We only had one day in the real heat, but I don't see any way you can double our mileage. When I bought the tires I was told they were only rated for 6 - 8 thousand.

When I bought the tires I was told they were only rated for 6 - 8 thousand.

and that is right where mine has been falling...i probably should have changed the one i got 8000 on a couple hundred miles earlier :whistle: :laugh:

Back