Officers could face rebuke in Ft. Hood shooting

Prior to this incident, they would have told those officers to pound sand if they had mentioned anything.

You can't discipline the man, he's a Muslim....people might think we're insensitive to his religious views.

they certainly should take measures to prevent something like this from ever happening again. Punishment? Probably should not and will not happen

That's total BS. The Army is looking for a scapegoat (something went wrong, so SOMEONE should be held to blame - BS). Crap happens.

Several factors:

1. If anyone had made any claim about his religious views, then the MAJ could/would have claimed religious bias and the officer making the claim would be in trouble (and ANY trouble at that rank means your days are numbered). Either way, a witch hunt.

2. He was a MED guy; his supervisors are all MED guys; usually doctors with commissions, not soldiers with medical licenses. They see things differently than soliders.

3. The Army's need for his specialty would have made it exteremely difficult to get rid of him, especially if the Army paid for his schooling (and couldn't get the $$ back). If in my unit, I would not have let him just cut out without putting him under my thumb to get the Army's money out of him first. Also sets an example to others. But I also wouldn't pass him off to someone else, and I'd make sure that once his committment was up that he was no longer in my Army.

We need an old style military firing squad for this PoS once he's convicted.

Prior to this incident, they would have told those officers to pound sand if they had mentioned anything.

You can't discipline the man, he's a Muslim....people might think we're insensitive to his religious views.

Your absolutly CORRECT. Before I retired, if an Officer or Senior NCO was charger (NOT FOUND GUILTY) with sexual harassment, his Career was OVER ! The military has gotten so PC that no one wants to be the one who complains about anyone, especially a minority of any kind. OR, YOUR OUT ! Kinda like profiling ! If the 80 year old woman from Mississippi is #54 in line they get taken out of the line for the TOTAL SEARCH. While #53 or #56 is a Middle Eastern, 17 to 35 years old, bringing NO LUGGAGE with him and is a Non US Citizen gets a free pass. Then when he trys to Blow up or Take over the aircraft it's ALWAYS someone elses fault (remember we searched the 80 year old). NOT our insane Politically Correct Security Proceedures :banghead:

as with everything else.....the armed forces must change and adapt to the new threats of today.

this is a new world, a new fight and must be attacked/defended in a different way. Just as tactics in the field must change, so must the way we deal with dangers from within.

but, this is where we must make a decision.....

are we really serious about protecting this country or not?

My old unit has a similiar problem. We had a chaplain that is pretty much useless and detrimental to the command. He just doesn't have IT. He was actually thrown out of theatre by his command when deployed to Iraq. But to put a CHAPLAIN out of the Army takes an act of God because the Army is so short on Chaplains...someday he's going to do something real stupid that hurts someone, and then everyone will ask "why didn't you put him out?" i can almost guaranty it.

Update (from MSNBC):WASHINGTON - An internal investigation into the Fort Hood massacre has found that several medical officers failed to use "appropriate judgment and standards of officership" when conducting performance reviews of the alleged shooter.

Among the report's findings is that Army Maj. Nidal Hasan's top-level security clearance was not properly investigated. Had policies been followed properly, investigators say his clearance may have been revoked "and his continued service and pending deployment would have been subject to increased scrutiny."

See my #2 post above.

They are just looking for scapegoats. The officers should not be disciplined. They should use the mistakes to make the evaluation system the military uses a lot better!!

We all know the deal. What a shame or sham :banghead:

FBI warned them??? Of what ??? "Hey this guy is Islamic he could snap any second an go a killing spree" Curious is to what they saw in him to throw up the red flag.. Sad very sad so sad it makes me furious :angry:

Back