OFFICER DOWN

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
OFFICER DOWN

Today was without a doubt the most tragic that I have ever suffered...

I have seen a lot in my many years of law enforcement...I seen the worst that any officer could see...Mangled and deformed bodies, blood drenched crime scenes, children that have died, maggots, etc...But never had I witnessed a true officer down...

This morning in our city everything went wrong...It started with a dispatch to the mall of shots fired/man down...As officers were en route a citizen followed the actions of the suspect...This citizen risk his/her personal safety to provide critical information...As officers were arriving on the scene they engaged the suspect vehicle and gave pursuit...During this pursuit speeds exceeded 80mph in a heavily congested area of the city...The pursuit lasted for roughly ten minutes...The suspect ended up wrecking the suspect vehicle and was eventually boxed in by a patrol unit that had positioned the units passenger side against the drivers side of the suspect vehicle...As I followed another unit to get on the west side of a house to cover a potential avenue of escape I passed the suspect and officers as they were now in foot pursuit...Suddenly a barrage of gun fire began...Not one shot or two but many shots rang out...As another officer and I made it to our position we could here one of the officers yell “Code 4” suspect down and in custody...Me and the other officer made our way to the others to assist in restraining the suspect...I heard one of the officer ask the others if everyone was O.K...Then I heard someone ask if any officer had been shot...I scan the area where the other officers were and everything appeared to be fine...In the next instant an officer fell to the ground, a 31 year veteran...As I continued to monitor the suspect who had been shot multiple times I could hear officers as they called his name but I could not hear him respond...I’m thinking what in the world is going on...Heart attack or something unrelated to this...The officer was rushed to E.R. and to surgery where he died...The suspect will be treated for his injuries and prosecuted as some point...What I didn’t see when passing the unit that were engaged in the primary pursuit was when the suspect leaned into the patrol unit that had stopped beside his vehicle and fired two rounds into the officer...

I’m at a loss for my mental state right now...But you guys are like family to me so I may not be around for a few days...It hasn’t really set in yet and the next days are going to be extremely difficult...Pray for the officers family that they have strength...And may God bless his soul...

STUNNAH

I"m sorry for your units loss. Its always hard to see an officer go down by some low life. the officers family will be in my prayers.

Sorry to hear another individual placing his life in harms way for the safety of the citizens. I'm praying that he has gone on to be with Christ and that his family has peace in their time of need. Stunnah sorry for your pain, but the word says if you keep your mind on him, he'll keep you in perfect peace. God bless the family, you and the fellow officers.

BD

Damn! Sorry to hear that, It's very sad to hear any one losing there life especially an officer doing he's job. My prayers are with his family,friends and his partners. May he rest in peace.

Another lost brother... May he rest in peace.
sad.gif
Sendin' a prayer up for you, your department and any family and friends that the fallen may have had... I am very glad to hear you're ok, though. The hair stood up on the back of my neck as I read your post. It's something that is impossible to understand unless you've "been there"...

Something to think about, once things settle a little of course, is memorializin' him on the ODMP site. I've got one lost brother there already. Hope I NEVER have to personally know anyone else on that site...

Here's my bro's page. RIP 908...  
down.gif

ODMP- Lt. Billy Jiles

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087525489 -->

Stunnah im sorry to hear about this damn that is f@#ked up sorry piece of s#!t taking an other persons life this is a messed up world take your time bro were all here for you

Stunnah,

My prayers are with you my brotha.  I will pass the word at my department and let them know of the situation. If you wouldn't mind passing me some details (officer, department etc.) maybe we can help do something for the family.

I don't have the words to say right now other than to let you know I'll be praying for you and the fallen officer's family.

As you work your way through this, never forget you have many fellow cops to lean on.  Shoot me a pm in a few weeks, I've got an outstanding book you should read.

Peace bro.
Monty

National Police Prayer

Almighty God, Father of all mercies, we ask Thy blessing and guidance upon all law enforcement officers engaged in the protection of our citizens. Be with them in their lonely tours of duty while patrolling the busy streets of our cities and the remote areas of our country. Give the blessing of your wisdom, to know and do what is right. Temper their actions with mercy and justice. When their tours are completed and the day is over, guide them safely home to their loved ones.

We also ask Thy blessing and eternal rest to all our brothers and sisters who have sacrificed their very lives in the performance of their duties. Give to their loved ones the peace and strength to bear the anguish of their loss. Remove all resentment from their hearts, knowing that eternal peace and rest will abide over their departed loved ones forever. This we beg in Thy name forever and ever, Amen.

<!--EDIT|Monty
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087527358 -->

My prayers go out to the fallen officer, his family and friends. Very sad news indeed. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Sorry to hear about this. My thoughts go out to all that knew him.

Stunnuh,

As a fellow officer that is the worst kind of news. It makes us all thank God that we come home safe everyday. Please if there is anything that I can do PM me. Also seek professional help... I know there is a stigma around the topic, but seriously there is something out there to big for us to carry alone. My thoughts are with the family, and with you as well..

That is the worst news to hear! Sorry to hear about the loss and his family will be in my prayers! Lots of great Americans giving their lives in defense of our country!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and what a waste. I will pray for the family. What a mess this world is.

Paul

Myself and my family are very sorry for the loss of the member of your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you now......

sad.gif

sad.gif
Three Alabama LEO's Lost their lives in drug Bust on the 17th as well I belive...

Sorry Stunnah...

So senseless...it's the worst news for all that lay their lives on the line every day to protect and serve...

My deepest sympathies STUNNAH...and my thoughts go out to his friends and family...the next few days will be very difficult ones...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your fellow officer. You and the officer's family will be in our prayers.
sad.gif

Sorry to hear the news Stunnah. I wil say a prayer for him, his family, your department, and you.

Hang in there.

Matt

Back