OFF the bucket list....

Notenoughtoys

Registered
Did a small road trip this weekend down to GP Bikes and on the way back my buddy wanted to switch rides. He has one of those Harley FLXR classic custom touring road glide ultra limited classics or something like that.
I always thought maybe one day I'd "see the light" and get something similar so the wife & I could run some day trips.
Now I'm nowhere near an experienced rider but the low speed handling on this thing is almost nonexistent. Pretty sure my dads Massey Ferguson is smoother on turns and that's with the 4 wheel drive engaged. Cruising at highway speed was fine, but then throwing out the anchor and transitioning into parking lots was not fun - and this is without anyone even on the back.....
I asked him afterward if it was me or the bike and he confirmed the bike is a real slug on any low speed manoeuvres. He was quite happy to swap back though as he stated he'd probably get killed if he kept riding my Suzuki.
I thanked him for the experience and the money he ultimately saved me - the bucket list is one item shorter now - however maybe a "second Busa" (for the wife of course) would be wiser in the long run

A friend bought a new Gold Wing, he found it heavy riding it home from the shop but never considered the fact he'd have the bags loaded and the wife on the back...it was much heavier set up for a tour.

He eventually found it just too heavy fully loaded and got rid of it with less than 5,000 kms on it...lost his shirt on that one.

Idk? My Roadglide isn’t the most nimble of bikes but I’ve never had a problem slow speed maneuvering with it. Parking lots, gravel, grass.... point it where you want and it goes. Spend a week or 2 riding it and then see if you still struggle mightily

Back