off idle jerkiness

burnie

Registered
My busa's off idle jerky throttle tesponce is getting worse. i only have 2500 km on it so far. will the resistor mod fix this or do i need a power comander?

I think the TRE tones it down a bit.....but I'm not positive......my bike doesn't have that problem very bad.
They all jerk a bit......that is normal.....chalk it up to personality I guess......damn things just don't wanna be down low....they like to rip.
Welcome to the board Burnie.......finally another Canadian there's only a few of us here.
Where do you live exactly.......I'm in Pitt Meadows.

I'm in mission
You wouldn't happen to be the dude on the black/silver with the billet wheels would ya?
rock.gif
?

Yes, FREE.
I paid over $70 for it, so I would say that FREE is a fair price.

I'll send mine to either of these guys if they would like to try it.
It took the stumble out of my first 00,
but I won't be using it when the bike goes back together.

TRE will help a little.  Mapping will help a lot.
Hey Ninja
I have the TRE installed on mine and a power commander 2
mine still seems to be jerky on the throttle especialy when you first start to twist it ?

any idea on how to fix ? i still need to get a custom map the map i have is not the correct one but seems to be close as i can get till i can have a custom one made?

figured with fuel injection it would be smoother seems to be rougher than my old carb bike ?

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Start with the basics. How much air in, how much air out.

If you are not running any header pipes you do not need the power commander.

If you have a power commander on the bike what is in it?
It has to have some sort of map.

Turn the power commander off, what does that do to your tune?

Play around with some similar maps. Then go up and down on the poer commander. maybe down one on the low up one on the middle up 2 on the high. (just as an example) You can find someone that has a map like you need. Pipes air filter etc.

You may need a high flow ing air filter. BMC or K&N. List out your complete mods and filters, type of riding weather and syle of riding. The Tre will eliminate onlu a little and the give you higher idle speeds which is not always good.

List out everything you can. Only use the power commander if you have completed some engine mods...Pipes cams etc. The ECU will correct the rest. Air filter slip on's.

Maps

i do mostly regular street riding more straight than twisties
have stock air , D&D 4into 2 system TRE, and Power commander 2 with the muzzy map set right now

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

tried the akapovic map and the muzzy not sure of another that would work better ? guess need to keep changing them ?
thought about the D&D slip on map but not sure if that would be better than a full system map ?

rock.gif

rock.gif

SleeperBusa, if those guys dont take it I will
smile.gif
I can Paypal you some money for the shipping costs, $10 sound good?

Has anyone tried taking the slack out of the throttle cable? I know there are a few degrees of slack and I am thinking it may be easier to mudulate the throttle if there was no slack. I guess the only concern would be when you turn the bars to full lock both sides it may pull the throttle a little.

Thunder,
Lets see if burnie responds. If not, or he doesn't want it. I'll send it too you.
It took the stumble out of mine.
I'll have to locate it tho. THAT could be a chore in itself.

Remind (email) me in a few days, I'm working alot, and things get kinda foggy sometimes.

Ninja is correct.
A map made specifically for one's bike will remove any stumbles.

The TRE helps fix it until then.

TRE will help a little.  Mapping will help a lot.
Hey Ninja
I have the TRE installed on mine and a power commander 2
mine still seems to be jerky on the throttle especialy when you first start to twist it ?

any idea on how to fix ? i still need to get a custom map the map i have is not the correct one but seems to be close as i can get till i can have a custom one made?

figured with fuel injection it would be smoother seems to be rougher than my old carb bike ?

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
was it mapped with the TRE or with out makes a differance so does having a map made.
I have only seen 3 maps so far that was even close to what most bikes needed.
Rememeber ever bike is different

rock.gif

rock.gif

The Tre will eliminate onlu a little and the give you higher idle speeds which is not always good.
What do you mean by "higher idle speeds which is not always good" Ninja Eater? Will it cause engine trouble or just not the way to fix the problem. Mine idles around stock (just above 1k on the tach) with the tre on.

I figured this is a good thread to ask my question about this first gear stumble in the 2.5K to 3.5K range.  I've had my bike for 3 months now and 7000km on it.  The stumbling or jerkiness seems to be getting more noticable.  My bike is completely bone stock (except for
biggrin.gif
). I know some have mentioned the custom re-mapping, the pair valve removal and the TRE. I don't really want to go with the custom map at this time because I plan on doing other mods in the future and also don't want to spend money on constantly putting it on a dyno. The TRE I'm still hesitant on (). So that leaves me with the pair valve removal that I guess I will do (). Anybody want to add some more comments?

p.s.  Burnie you still around these days?  I'm in Maple Ridge about 10 minutes from you.  We should hook up with Monster one day for a ride, hey Monster (when Monster is finished working his azz off the next couple weeks!)?

I do hear a very very slight pop occassionally coming from the exhaust when accelerating slowly from 2500-3500rpm range

Back