Of Course This Would Happen

Fix or take money and run

• Total voters

04LE

Registered
Paid my car off December 1st finished 75 months of payments in 51 super excited my car was finally mine now. Today December 3rd a lady rear ends me leaving a parking lot trying to squeeze by. Glad it's really not that much damage and just a few scratches.

For the poll fix car or take the money and run? It's a 2013 Honda civic si just a daily driver thinking I'll have it for another 2-3 years before trading it in on something or keep it and buy an suv.
20171203_132209.jpg
20171203_132752.jpg

Also today was cleaning up the Busa and noticed the bird I hit did more damage then I thought. The turn signal was knocked out.

Had same thing with my busa I was worried it was the fairing tab that held it in. When I finally took it apart it was just the light. They are cheap but you have to pull upper fairing.

Car I wouldn’t care or spend $6 in touch up paint to fix.

On your car if you take your time and have a little skill with a spray can you can use some of these guys paint to make it look better.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com

On your Busa, take it apart and see what is broken, could be just the lens. If it's the fairing nobody would ever know a little epoxy is holding it together other than you.

Paid my car off December 1st finished 75 months of payments in 51 super excited my car was finally mine now. Today December 3rd a lady rear ends me leaving a parking lot trying to squeeze by. Glad it's really not that much damage and just a few scratches.

For the poll fix car or take the money and run? It's a 2013 Honda civic si just a daily driver thinking I'll have it for another 2-3 years before trading it in on something or keep it and buy an suv.View attachment 1577657 View attachment 1577658

Also today was cleaning up the Busa and noticed the bird I hit did more damage then I thought. The turn signal was knocked out.
If it’s a 13 civic you can’t have that many miles on it. It’s a Honda and they run forever, so just save your money. Car payments suck (ask me how I know). As for the busa, I think I have a spare turn signal laying around, but don’t remember if it’s L or R one. Hopefully is just that and not the tabs.

53k miles on the Honda and my commute is only 8 miles each way. Only reason I'd upgrade is if we have a kid. My civic is a coupe and apparently they are a pain putting child seats in.

I'l check the Busa out this week hopefully and figure out what the issue is.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck; isn't that how it always is - finally paid off and then *boom*

The damage looks pretty minor; I'd see about options to fix it yourself if you think you could. Hopefully the Busa turn signal is an easy enough swap, but like mabupa said, that's if the tabs aren't busted...

So got the quote only 583 to fix the car. Sent to the lady who hit me to see how she wants to settle. Not sure how well some color matched spray paint will look.

So got the quote only 583 to fix the car. Sent to the lady who hit me to see how she wants to settle. Not sure how well some color matched spray paint will look.

Hoping she isn't a problem and you can just get it fixed and back to normal...

She just gave me a call and said she can write me a check for 700 so repairs and 3 days of rental car are covered. I'll just sign something saying they gave me money for having the work completed. Pick that up tonight on my way home.

She just gave me a call and said she can write me a check for 700 so repairs and 3 days of rental car are covered. I'll just sign something saying they gave me money for having the work completed. Pick that up tonight on my way home.
It would be nice if everything was always that easy.

That's awesome that she owned up to it. Most people are impossible to get to pay for their mistakes anymore.

Yeap check cleared today since we both bank at the same bank. Her and her husband were really nice when i picked up the check. Told her if it was just paint marks on her car I could probably buff them out for her. Unfortunately mine the paint is missing. Car goes in on Tuesday for repairs.

bah, that's a plastic bumper. It did what it's supposed to do and it will keep on doing it whether you replace it or not. I wouldn't even report it to insurance. Get whatever the cheapest liability you can get on it. Buy some smoked indicators.

OH I see you're getting it fixed.

Yea I've had some huge gains in the crypto market in past week. So place is going to do that and try and get the oversized air scoop to match my 2011 white. Be the 3rd time a place trying to get it to match. This will be 3rd place trying to get paint to match.

Back