% of 150mph Riders

Have you been 150mph or over or think you have

• Yes

Votes: 791 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 84 9.6%

• Total voters
There is an abandoned road in the port of Tacoma, straight as an arrow and no LEO's. Some nights me and the guys get out there play around. I'ts blocked off but a bike can get through.

Funny thing about that is,, almost everyone thinks they have a 180mph Busa or a 200mph Busa! hahaha Really? Show me the certificate or the GPS!

Marie
Queen of the Banned
201.534mph

So true! It is pretty fun to listen to people talk about there 200 mph bike, especially when it is stock. Stock busas do not go 200! I have a busa set-up for LSR that is making 170 hp at the wheel and it hasn't seen 200 yet. It's been 185 in the dirt at El Mirage.

200 is harder that most people give credit for, mine has a 200 pass in her with the right conditions. I watch stock busas go under 170 at the track all day long.........I've seen the time slips and her the announcements, even 180 on a stock busa can be somewhat difficult.

Like SRAD said show me a GPS reading or a time slip.

Last edited:
With speedo-healer installed and verified via buddy's car beside me at 100mph. I got up to 170 once, with my ex on the back.......it was scary
Posted via Mobile Device

So true! It is pretty fun to listen to people talk about there 200 mph bike, especially when it is stock. Stock busas do not go 200! I have a busa set-up for LSR that is making 170 hp at the wheel and it hasn't seen 200 yet. It's been 185 in the dirt at El Mirage.

200 is harder that most people give credit for, mine has a 200 pass in her with the right conditions. I watch stock busas go under 170 at the track all day long.........I've seen the time slips and her the announcements, even 180 on a stock busa can be somewhat difficult.

Like SRAD said show me a GPS reading or a time slip.
I'm not telling where I did this, I made it as high as 5th and had a lot more left in the throttle. I am sure my restrictor would have kicked in soon but I KNOW my stock bike will reach it with no effort....

Springfield CVS 3.31.10.jpg

I do all my speed runs with no cars or witness's.....except my riding buddies....
If i see a car coming the other way i imediatly [sic ?] abort the run.
BTW a stock geared Gen1 at redline will do 176 GPS in 5th...woo hoo..

at maxton i did 155 and speedo was just over 170 it's faster than you think-maybe should see who has been over 170 according to speedo

Funny thing about that is,, almost everyone thinks they have a 180mph Busa or a 200mph Busa! hahaha Really? Show me the certificate or the GPS!

Marie
Queen of the Banned
201.534mph

??????Any stock geared, well running Busa will do 180mph with fair weather,(with a skilled rider) and assuming your not limited to a standing mile, or weigh 300lbs:laugh: And of course the speedo is buried long before the bike ever tops out.
200mph of course isn't possible stock, even derestricted, but 180mph is very realistic. Or are you referring to the rider? I know everyone and their brother that ever rode a 600 has been 200mph:laugh:
My gen2 would do 185/186 consistantly by gps(sprockets now changed). I weigh 173lbs without gear and am 5'10", so I tuck in well, and I'm not doing it in a mile either.

Did 170 one time and it wasnt a wise decision. I need to take my busa to Texas Mile and see how fast I can go safely. :whistle:

Back