OEM Piston ring gap

Few new item for my bike. Cylinder and bolts from a brand new B-King, and original Suzuki piston rings and gasket. With my mechanic, we checked the piston ring's gap, and the size corresponds to the standard size, 0,15-0,2 mmView attachment 1623586
Are you measuring the ring end gap with the ring installed into the bore?
The service limit for that measurement is 0.5mm ( 0.020 inches) maximum gap.
Where did you get the measurement 0.15 to 0.2mm from?
Be sure to get this right, the top and second rings are different profiles, see the pic from the service manual below....

EC4C70DC-A5B3-44DC-9B4A-53C5BE566347.jpeg

80C73576-70D9-4716-A5BD-AB964FB33C6F.jpeg

K9?? At the start of this thread you said it was a K6,
a K6 is Gen 1, and a K9 is Gen 2. Completely different motors.
I think you need to be 100% certain you have the correct data for the engine you are working on.

The motor is different, but the cylinder interchangeable. Thu gen II turbo and big bore builders prefer to gen 1 cylinder, because it's slightly stronger, but for street, enough the newer...

You can se the differences here:

blocks.jpg

Currently, in my bike the worn cylinder is from K8 Busa too.

Last edited:
Good news: my mechanic checked the cylinder head, pistons, and everything is ok... The new piston rings is much "harder" than old (and the old ones looks like worn-out compared the new ones). Tomorrow will the first start.

I cant ever use used rings. I cant get it out of my head.
Yer gonna be OK Kevin....

A few med's,perhaps some therapy...electro shock can work in these extreme cases.
First...we'll need a full diagnostic run up.Blood work,tox screen,psych analysis... the works.

I know man...sometimes this stuff wakes me up at night...sweating,screaming.....
Rubb.

Good news: my mechanic checked the cylinder head, pistons, and everything is ok... The new piston rings is much "harder" than old (and the old ones looks like worn-out compared the new ones). Tomorrow will the first start.
Sweet. "Kick the tires n' light the fires." YouTube video...

Rubb.

Back