Odometer/Trip meter

GeebMan

Registered
So I just got back from a week of fly fishing down in Arkansas. I'm on my '03 Busa and my buddy is on his '03 Bandit that he just got last week. We both reset our trip meters at his house before we left. After the 500 mile ride down there, there were 23 more miles on my trip meter than there was on his. I did put on a new set of D208's about 1000 miles ago but they are the same size as the stock tires.

Anyone know why there would be such a big difference in mileage? Has anyone else seen this?

I know there is some error to it, but don't know how much. Using a SpeedoHealer you can correct for odo instead of speedo if you wish but you can't correct both simultaneously. They have different error ratios according to the SpeedoHealer site.
rock.gif

I verfied my odo/speedo by using my GPS. My speedo got progresivly worse as MPH increased, my odo. was dead on to the hundreths (indicated on GPS). Your friends Bandit may be off due to mods.

His bike is stock, that's why we couldn't figure out why there would be such a big difference. I'll have to do some more research and see how accurate my odometer actually is.

Go find some mile markers along the highway and zero out your gauge. Go about 3 or so miles stopping at a mile marker and compare...... As a rule of thumb "most" manufactures stock motorcycles speedometers are off approx 3-4%. Which is considered acceptable given the large number of bikes produced each year!

Go find some mile markers along the highway and zero out your gauge. Go about 3 or so miles stopping at a mile marker and compare...... As a rule of thumb "most" manufactures stock motorcycles speedometers are off approx 3-4%. Which is considered acceptable given the large number of bikes produced each year!
I've seen up to 1/4 mile error between mile markers dude. State workers are NOT that accurate. A GPS with a good clear signal from several sources should be much more accurate than the signs. Just FYI...

Back